Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi free EX FICO Score 8 for 90 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi free EX FICO Score 8 for 90 days

https://www.creditscore.citi.com/#/

Citi is offering a free EX FICO Score 8 (similar to Discover's free website) for 90 days here: https://www.creditscore.citi.com/#/

This is probably so Citi can get access to more scores with frozen profiles since you're allowing them access.  From the terms: "Citi will use your credit report information to identify credit card offers that you may be interested in based on information in your credit profile. Details regarding the privacy of your information are described in the Privacy Notice."

Interesting to see, but if you already are signed up for Credit Score Card or Credit Score's free monthly FICO 8 EX, make sure to offset this sign up by a week or two so you get 2 scores at different times of the month.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi free EX FICO Score 8 for 90 days

In addition to these two, Amex is also offering free EX FICO 8 to cardmembers you you may also take that into account and choose the right date to sign up for this. Now I have three accesses to my EX FICO - this one today, Discover a week before today and Amex a week after today.
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget the 4th one: creditscore.com also by Experian.  You can have one each week if properly timed, all free!

Kinda excited if Citi offers actual preapproval offers on this one.  Does anyone see any strong offers or just invitations?

Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't forget the 4th one: creditscore.com also by Experian.  You can have one each week if properly timed, all free!

Kinda excited if Citi offers actual preapproval offers on this one.  Does anyone see any strong offers or just invitations?

Just invitations for me and all are ranges of APRs, but I don't get prequalified through Citi's citicards site anyways. One of the invitations is ThankYou Premier which I already have.

And thanks for the creditscore.com tip, I'll choose a correct time to sign up for that.

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, here are my two "invitations" on the site...

Citi DC shows 9 months 0% APR and then 24.74% after:

citi double cash offer 01-17-18.png

AAdvantage Gold World Elite showing 25,000 miles for $750 spend in 3 months, annual fee $50 waived first 12 months, APR range of  17.24% - 25.24%:

aadvantage offer 01-17-2018.png

No preapproved wording anywhere so just a marketing ad it seems.

Does your text show the same?

Message 5 of 43
lokobo
Regular Contributor

Any one have a ballpark idea how much a single FICO score costs a large lender?

Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lokobo wrote:
Any one have a ballpark idea how much a single FICO score costs a large lender?

There's no fixed cost.  I looked into providing my own FICO pull and credit report site and you negotiate the price based on many factors.  You don't even negotiate with FICO only but with the bureau since you can optionally pay to subscribe an account to monitoring feeds, and when you subscribe to a bureau, they may also include a FICO score in the price -- so basically you pay the bureau who pays FICO who feeds them the score who feeds it to you.  Real confusing contracts.

I'd guess it's around a buck a month average, though, but if you display more accurate data it may cost far more.  I believe the contracts include how much data you can disclose, and where that data is sourced from.

One thing to note, though, is that all of these free EX 8 websites all source from the same API/backend (ConsumerInfo.com I'd guess) so it's probably a cheaper product.  I would guess ConsumerInfo probably has a subscription with FICO itself (and their parent company, Experian) to get massive discounts to provide for marketing purposes for prime lender banks.

I never did create a website because it was too costly -- hundreds of thousands of dollars up front for a startup and tens of thousands of users required, plus the cost per pull+score was ridiculous at the entry level ($10 or more I believe).  

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, here are my two "invitations" on the site...

Citi DC shows 9 months 0% APR and then 24.74% after:

AAdvantage Gold World Elite showing 25,000 miles for $750 spend in 3 months, annual fee $50 waived first 12 months, APR range of  17.24% - 25.24%:

No preapproved wording anywhere so just a marketing ad it seems.

Does your text show the same?

My Citi DC gives "0% intro APR for 18 months on balance transfers; after that, the variable APR will be 14.74% - 24.74% based on your creditworthiness" (and no mentioning of 0% for purchases, after clicking into the app link the purchase APR is the standard range with no intro).

Citi Double CashCiti Double Cash

The AAdvantage is same as you, but I also got TYPremier and Simplicity, all of which are APR ranges. So I guess your DC offer is a solid one.

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very curious!  I'm firmly in the garden til 6/19 as my signature shows.

I did get a mailer from Citi DC last week with an "invitation to apply" which is my second prime mailer in 10 years (both from Citi).

I CO'd them on a loan 10+ years ago, never paid it.  They sued me, I beat it in court over absolutely horrendous paperwork and legal violations by them, so it was $0'd out and dropped off my reports forever ago.  Maybe they're finally forgiving, who knows.  I don't even remember what year that was, could be 15 years ago for all I know, lol.

I'd be curious to see if that's approved for me but honestly the CSR (or CSP) is more important.  I do have Citi DC on my "wish list" for the future, though.  But right now it's CSR/CSP -> Amex Plat -> possibly 3% card like Disc IT Miles first year -> 2% card after that one.  Which to me means Citi DC is 2020 lolol.  If they even offer it anymore.  Long time to wait.

Thanks for sharing your data points!  I only have the 2 cards showing, very weird but great information.

My FICO there is 709, same as CCT.

Also, I wonder if apping through the site affects which CR is pulled.

Message 9 of 43
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I am pretty sure the FICO score that citi offers to current card members is not a fico 8 score as the scale goes from 250 - 900. It is also from equifax, not experian.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.