Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi is full of it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is full of it

I have fico's between 700-750 and got approved for discover and capital one. I applied and was denied for citi. Before I went on my app spree I only had 3 trade lines which only included 1 bank credit card. I got my citi letter today in the mail and it only gave one reason for denial --- "too many current bank cards " --- hello I only had 1 when I applied.  
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi is full of it

@Anonymous wrote:
I have fico's between 700-750 and got approved for discover and capital one. I applied and was denied for citi. Before I went on my app spree I only had 3 trade lines which only included 1 bank credit card. I got my citi letter today in the mail and it only gave one reason for denial --- "too many current bank cards " --- hello I only had 1 when I applied.  

You still breathing...Smiley Wink It's gonna be ok...just apply for something else. You really must have wanted that Citi card bad. TryB of A Preapproval or RBS Platinum

Message 2 of 3
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi is full of it

I believe that they are telling you that you have two or more "new" accounts and they see this as a possible sign of credit need. ( as is said here so often...."credit is extended to those who don't need it") This may seem converse, but it is and has always been true.

CI

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.