Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi is lowering rates on purchases??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is lowering rates on purchases??

I received the below rate offer on purchases. It is for 9.99%. Most banks are sending me 0% for purchases for a year or two. It really does not matter to me as I do not pay interest no matter what.I never carry a balance.

Has anyone else received an offer from Citi? 9.99% does not seem like a bargain to me and I do know that they offer rates based on ones profile with them. To me 9.99% is like giving away free ice in the winter LOL

Thanks

Markciti.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi is lowering rates on purchases??

I have 0% offer for new purchases through September 2022, and/or 0.99% though April 2023.

I don't think I've ever been offered anything (from any lender) in the neighborhood you're describing. 

Highest offer in terms of apr was from Discover while back, I cannot remember if it was 2.99% or 3.99% 

Message 2 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I want a lower Citi Purchase rate ..Smiley Sad

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

I have 0% offer for new purchases through September 2022, and/or 0.99% though April 2023.

I don't think I've ever been offered anything (from any lender) in the neighborhood you're describing. 

Highest offer in terms of apr was from Discover while back, I cannot remember if it was 2.99% or 3.99% 

Yeah, I know I keep getting 0% offers from others. Even on the last Citi post I made about the "flex loan" they gave you much better terms then they gave to me. 

Citi never says no to me when ever I went for a new card etc, but they never offer me any bargains. They just make it seem like they are with really nice letters.

There is for sure tiers with them and you fall into a much better one then I do. Even though I do not carry a balane it does upset me that I am considered a second class customer. Again, they like you way more then they like meSmiley Sad

Thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 8
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

I should be happy that the normal rate on my custom cash card is 9.49%

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PDXoriginal wrote:

I should be happy that the normal rate on my custom cash card is 9.49%

Well sure, Citi gives me large CL's but high interest rates. No idea why but even if it was 2% I never carry a balance so it really does not matter.  Maybe they think I will miss a payment some day and charge me interest. I have never missed a payment in 42 years so they will have a long wait LOL. My FICO on the Citi site is 786, not the best but far from the worst.

Thanks

Mark

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think all my banks have sent low single digit offer for purchases through the holidays, excpet for Amex who only seems to know 11.99% lol

Funny thing it I got a lot more loer APR offers last year than I have this year, possibly because I didn't take advantage of tehm so they didn't bother putting in the effort this year. 

If I'm able to sucure a Mortgage within the next few months I'll probably take them up on the offer for a few appliance and furnishing purchases, otherwise its another year of not spending Money on non basic needs. 

Message 7 of 8
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

3 of my 4 Citi cards have reduced purchase APRs right now.

CC - 15.99% to 0.00% Jun 2021 until Feb 2022

DC - 19.49% to 9.99% Aug 2021 until Apr 2022

R+ - 16.24% to 5.99% Oct 2021 until Jun 2022

None of these get enough use for these rates to make much difference, but they do seem to be particularly generous lately.

I also got 0% purchase APRs on my Cap1 QS until May 2022 and on my Amex Blue Business until Jan 2022.  I NEVER get 0% offers from Amex so that one was a bit of a shock.  I've got the QS on standby in case I need to play catch up after the holidays.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.