cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi launching a Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

interesting card. round every TYP earning to the nearest 10.

So if you buy everything at &5 a piece, and check out seperately, you pretty much get 2% back. For a 4% cashback, each transaction will need to be $2.5 or less...

Message 2 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

And if enough people do that, it will get nerfed sooner than later. Cool concept but seems doomed from the start.
Message 3 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for sharing @Gmood1 😁

I'll definitely keep this one in mind 😇 Which makes me wonder about the future of the TYP card.
Message 4 of 38
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Yikes another dud from Citi....these TYP's can't transfer to citi's limited airline partners (like TYP were that valuable in the first place). SO if I read right you need an AF TYP card to move points to transfer partners, so they get you either way, you need ANOTHER card to move to a partner.....AND watch how fast they nerf "pooling" TYP....Sad really, Citi STEP UP.....

Message 5 of 38
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Interesting approach, it somewhat falls in line with recent press about rewards cards altering or attempting to shy away from the initial huge SUB's so... this could be the first that we see this spring.

Message 6 of 38
DaJagman
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Thanks for sharing @Gmood1 😁

I'll definitely keep this one in mind 😇 Which makes me wonder about the future of the TYP card.

According to The Points Guy the TYP cardholders won't be transitioned to the Rewards+ card so if you like the TYP bonus catergories you can stick to it.  We will see how long that lasts....

FICOs: EX: 840, EQ: 850, TU: 841
Bank of America Cash Rewards 50k
Diners Club Premier 40k
Chase Sapphire Reserve 50k
American Express Platinum NPSL
Discover it 47K
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

With this one launching I wonder if Citi is planning to discontinue the ThankYou Preferred card. It's been missing from their website, and the new card is apparently taking its place as a no-annual-fee TYP product. If that's the case, I also wonder if existing ThankYou Preferred cardmembers will eventually get converted to this one at some point--something similar has happened to Citi Forward, which has been converted to the ThankYou Preferred.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

I wanted to be excited about this but then I read the perk and there is nothing exciting about it.
Message 9 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If this rumor card is true there will certainly be a nerf coming very soon.. As there is a saying if it is to good to be true then it probably ......This is ripe for abusing.  seriously rounding everything thing up to 10 TYP points?  So in theory any token purchase?

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.