cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi launching a Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

Interesting. This card would pair very well with my Premier, if I decided to keep it.

However, it seems this card would really only be useful for purchases under 5$. I wonder if one is ineligible for the SUB if you have held the Premier or prestige in the last 24 months?
Message 11 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I suppose what remains to be seen, when and/if launched, is how selective they'll be with approvals.

Granted, given the perceived climate on future CC rewards products, most people may not see it as an earth-shattering product, but it'll be interesting to see what restrictive language will be associated with applications (if any) and how selective Citi will be (if at all).

Needless to say, I'll give it a whirl if anything.
Message 12 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If at any time you have made contact with AverageJoe, you will be denied all future sp cli increasesSmiley Wink Per Citi regs 2019MFsayno2joe11Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 38
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

The language I am reading is "round up to the nearest 10" not TO 10. To me that means if purchase is 102.00 they round up to 110.00. I could be wrong but that is how I am reading it....

Message 14 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I just see .50 cent Amazon Gift Card reloads happening and a bot doing it for people.  My 2 cents.  Believe that is why Chase got rid of their similiar things awhile back

Message 15 of 38
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

I would also add that I think the round up is your MONTHY total.....not every swipe......but what do I know....

Message 16 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@odd_dog wrote:

I would also add that I think the round up is your MONTHY total.....not every swipe......but what do I know....

would certainly save their butt if that is right.. I need to re-read it was at work when i saw it earlier today.  You are probably right

Message 17 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I just see .50 cent Amazon Gift Card reloads happening and a bot doing it for people.  My 2 cents.  Believe that is why Chase got rid of their similiar things awhile back

I really don't see this perk lasting long at all, at least without a cap. The only saving grace for Citi is that you can't really cash out the points (well, you can, but poor value);  redemption options are limited. This may stop some people from gaming it as much.

Message 18 of 38
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Re: Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

The article says each purchase is rounded up to 10 TYP. I feel like this is targeted towards those who make small purchases at gas stations and/or convenience stores. Regardless, I'm sure people will abuse it and end up nerfing the card. 

[2/2019]
Message 19 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

The reports suggest otherwise, e.g. https://www.businessinsider.com/citi-rewards-no-annual-fee-credit-card-2019-1 contains

• With the new Rewards+ card, points earned from each purchase will be rounded up to the nearest 10, so a $2 purchase will earn 10 points, and a $54 purchase will earn 60 points.
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.