cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi launching a Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

Citi, “Rounded to 10 for purchases over $5.”  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi launching the Rewards+ card Jan 10th!

I’m willing to try this one out when it comes out.
Can TYP be used for statement credit or buying gift cards?
Message 32 of 38
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

How is it like the Cash Magnet? I feel like the CM didn't really bring anything new to the table...

[2/2019]
Message 33 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

Rewards plus vs. Arrival premier.......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

O . o. o. h ... this gets me so excited I want to wet my pants Smiley Indifferent Over time as has been mentioned before on this forum, Citi seems to be a "day late and a dollar short" ... They are a life stable financial and really gave me a start when others wouldn't so it is hard to say negative things (as an aside it seems Citi lost some luster when they eliminated the Citi Forward Visa and then started consolidating card products). But, for some time now it is like they are dragged into the "new world" screamer.gif

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 10 point round-up makes this another BBR.

Message 36 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

How unique, another way to bash the AMSmiley Wink I think someone just earned some Citi Rewards, rounded up to 10Smiley Wink
Message 37 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The 10 point round-up makes this another BBR.

I guess, but also needs a bit more work.   With the BBR, a small purchase guarantees the 25/30 a quarter.   Here you would have to make sure to make enough purchases that could be rounded to get the payoff  (which to be fair could certainly exceed the BBR payoff).

ETA: but as someone mentioned, the closest analog is to the old Chase Freedom plan, where those with Chase banking got an extra 10UR per transaction.   That was a little more generous than this, but was nerfed..

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.