Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi limits

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi limits

Citi is like Amex and BoA (and likely others), where there isn't really a cap on a revolving credit line.  If they feel you have the means to repay and actually need the line, they'll go at least into the 6 digits.  Citi has certainly given me some of the lowest starting lines, though.

Message 11 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

There is a poster here with a 100k DC card. Money will help your exposure with any bank so limits can range from small to big lol, I fall in below average with Citi hahaSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 30
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
There is a poster here with a 100k DC card. Money will help your exposure with any bank so limits can range from small to big lol, I fall in below average with Citi hahaSmiley Wink

Smiley Happy, +1 on the Money aspect, if you can show the lenders you have the means to pay, you're more likely to get a credit line of what you want if you call in and ask ( I'm talking about having MM's. Just FYI Citi has a special department for requesting a big credit line increase( you just need to fill out some forms and show proof of $$) similar to Amex's.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 13 of 30
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14

It's hard to be scientific about these things when most people share their CLs and FICOs, but generally not incomes and/or AUM at Citi.

Right, but knowing which specific product that OP is referring to [having for years at a $4k limit] would still be beneficial to the conversation.

So which Citi card(s) are you saying necessarily grow at slow rates? I assume we're not talking about a secured card here, though I suppose OP could have a TY for college students.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Citi double cash 6 yrs 🙄
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply’s sounds like depends on funds .. I also haven’t been asking for increases so I’m sure that also makes a difference
Message 16 of 30
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the Citi double cash 6 yrs 🙄

While I understand if you choose not to share such information, you might get replies with more insight if you share your FICO scores (2012 and now), your income, and the spend you've been putting on the card.

Personally, I don't generally share that info...but I would if I wanted advice on how to get some CL to grow.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Citi Double Cash started with a $6,300 cl and after three years it's up to $23K (all soft pulls). Mine was used as a daily driver and used it A LOT!!

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Citi DC has a terrible limit $4.5K.  The low limit keeps my use down. However my Cit HD card $10K limit 

Message 19 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I agree they are one of the most conservative out of the big banks.
My Citi DC was $30k before I used some of the limit to open a Citi AA. It took me two years to get it to that limit. It started at $3k if I'm not mistaken.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.