Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi: love them or ... whatever

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Citi: love them or ... whatever

A few months ago I saw possible fraud on my Dividend card.    Citi issued me a new card with new number.   Great!

Today I receive a renewal card with the old number.  Fortunately I am not offered an online activation option, but still seems a bit of a mess.

Calling the CSR, I have to explain the situation and also suggest the way forward (ignore the new card)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi: love them or ... whatever

lol what? how is that even possible?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

It was possibly a glitch and they should send a new card. It was good that you checked the card number and identified the error.

Anyway, if they did already change the card in your account, you should be able to use it safely for online shoppings and purchases, using the Citi virtual CC option, prior the arrival of the new card.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

It was possibly a glitch and they should send a new card. It was good that you checked the card number and identified the error.

Anyway, if they did already change the card in your account, you should be able to use it safely for online shoppings and purchases, using the Citi virtual CC option, prior the arrival of the new card.

The point was the I had already received the new card a long time ago, with an exp date of 11/25 or something, so I have a perfectly working card which I have used several times.    Then this new one shows up, presumably because it is nearly time for the old card to be renewed.   Their record systems don't seem to note that that card is no longer valid.

Message 4 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I can top that!

When Prestige went metal, they sent me three cards over a period of a few months. No card number changes.

The first one I had requested, as I was traveling a lot and wanted an inevitable replacement to arrive at a time I was home.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Lol. Then, enjoy three metallic cards. The only issue is that they cannot get destroyed manually and you have to keep them or give them to the issuer to do the job Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.