Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi luv button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi luv button

Hi guys, i was on the citi bank site and i decied to click the luv button (my current CL is 4900) just to see what i would get and i actually got the "congrats! you are eligable for an increase of 500.00 dollars!! If you wish to ask for more please blah blah blah."(did not have to fill out a form just clicked)

Well i just hit the home button and declined the increase because i know if i asked for more they would do a hard pull so i am going to wait till next year and maybe ask for more later...i am ok with the 4900.00 limit at the moment..its sitting at 0% UTL so not worried about fico effect.

I was just wondering what you guys would have done? and has anyone ever gotten approved for a small line increase and asked for more(say approved for 500 CLI but turned around and asked for 5,000) without a hard pull?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi luv button

I don't know that anyone on these forums has the self-control to turn down a free CLI! Smiley Very Happy

I was thinking that if you chose the "No, I want more" option that it would be a hard, but I'm probably wrong on that.

Has anyone else done this with Citi?

(congrats, btw! always nice to know they're happy with you)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can accept what they are willing to give by just clicking "yes", if you chose to fill out the form and ask for more it would have been a hard pull.

i would have taken the 500 and ran like a conqurer.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks htsu! it took some self control not to click but i figured it might hurt my chances of getting a real increase in about 6 months...i don't want to hear "well ms laila we just gave you a 500 dollar increase what more do you want from us??" hahaha

And yes it is nice to know they are happy with me and i am trying to keep it that way Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the only reason i didn't ask was because i want to ask for 10k line next year to do a balance transfer (have a loan with a high interest rate i want to get rid of). I love their site and they are easy to pay. I am kinda waitng for the balance tranfer offers in the mail to compare.

Thanks ducky...i might still actually be eligable for that increase since i just clicked back home instead of clicking decline.

Message 5 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

you can accept what they are willing to give by just clicking "yes", if you chose to fill out the form and ask for more it would have been a hard pull.

i would have taken the 500 and ran like a conqurer.

Absolutely. Why would you turn down the increase? They keep track of how many times you hit the button. Now it is more than likely removed from your account page and any increases you will receive will be hard pulls. I would never decline a hard free increase. I don't think you did yourself any favors by declining this increase. 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

gosh smallfry now i am worried..well i actually didn't deline (didnt hit the button that said decline or accept) i just hit home at the top and it took me back to the main screen..i will log in and check to see if the option to increase button is still there..brb...and no i am not going to click it!!
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup still there..nice and big next to my current credit line...so no going near that until next year..maybe the harm i have done today will fade by then.....i hope...Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
yup still there..nice and big next to my current credit line...so no going near that until next year..maybe the harm i have done today will fade by then.....i hope...Smiley Sad

They are going to redesign the website again. If I were you I would take the increase now as it might disappear altogether once they are finished with the new update. I have a feeling the hard free CLI's is a major reason for the new website design. Lots of people found the luv button gone once they finished their last update. 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked Citi where the "luv button" (as you call it) had gone on my accounts after the last redesign, and I was told that it only shows up when they have determined you are eligible for a (free?) CLI.  Since then, I saw it come up once on one of my 3 accounts, but that's it.  I look for it a couple times a week!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.