Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi no longer doing online CLI?

tag
bhall
Established Member

Re: Citi no longer doing online CLI?

Actually, I forgot to mention I have a credit union card with a $5000 CL. I know it may sound trivial, but I'm really irritated with Citi. Juniper, so far has treated me better than Citi(auto CLI's) although their rate is high. You might be right though about closing Juniper before any others because their rate is high.

Message 11 of 17
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@bhall wrote:

Thanks.

I wll probably wait until the 1 inquiry drops off from the Discover account, then open a new account, hopefully with a higher CL and then close the Citi account.

Really no reason to close anything. I would rather keep the Citi card and close Juniper if I wanted to close any of those cards. How many different people did you talk to at Citi about that old account they seem stuck on from your BK? As far as a new account have you thought about a good credit union card?

Why would you recommend closing the Juniper? It's one of OP's highest CL's.

I have a perfectly good BJ's Barclay that started at $3K in April 2008 and just went from $6K to $8K. They have been good to me and I just got another $20 BJ Bucks check attached to my statement.

I know some people have complained about Barclay/Juniper, but they have given me no problems at all.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 12 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@jaysdad2k wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

@bhall wrote:

Thanks.

I wll probably wait until the 1 inquiry drops off from the Discover account, then open a new account, hopefully with a higher CL and then close the Citi account.

Really no reason to close anything. I would rather keep the Citi card and close Juniper if I wanted to close any of those cards. How many different people did you talk to at Citi about that old account they seem stuck on from your BK? As far as a new account have you thought about a good credit union card?

Why would you recommend closing the Juniper? It's one of OP's highest CL's.

I have a perfectly good BJ's Barclay that started at $3K in April 2008 and just went from $6K to $8K. They have been good to me and I just got another $20 BJ Bucks check attached to my statement.

I know some people have complained about Barclay/Juniper, but they have given me no problems at all.

I didn't reco closing anything but if he wanted to close one I would stick with Citi and drop Juniper. Chances are the Juni card will never grow. As bad as some think Citi is it is worlds better than Barclays US.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

waited 6 months(till 03/2010) to hit the luv button, said i needed to call, so i called, they didnt ask for income, and granted me more than what the online would of done. $1200 is was i usually get $1450 increase to $10,650 credit limit at 10.99% Citi Platnum Perfered. Of course i had a 0-balance at the time

Message 14 of 17
zkder
Valued Member

Same thing happened to me:

The luv button showed up, as usual, after the 3 mos. Clicked it, got the "call this number" message. Called--stated my income, was given 2k cli. Usually they give me 1.5k cli. I think it was a soft pull.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $3.9K CL now, what do you think the most i can ask for in CLI?? Income, $60K

Message 16 of 17
SYale2010
Valued Member

I actually JUST received the link this morning. Got the "We are not processing online" message, and called the number given. Went through all the menu stuff. Then approved for a 2k CLI.

Bigger than usually the automatic online.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.