Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi now has Pre Qual CC site

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi now has Pre Qual CC site

Very interesting results everyone is getting. It seems like no matter what everyone is getting matched up with the TYP card? I got the same results as everyone else is what it looks like.

Langchevy, we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer but we think you'll like this card

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card

Now below that it says you may also be interested in the simplicity card and the world master card. I'm sure that's a generic response and not actually based on my credit worthiness. It's always fun though just to run your information through and see what happens. 

Message 31 of 45
RonDawg
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very interesting results everyone is getting. It seems like no matter what everyone is getting matched up with the TYP card? I got the same results as everyone else is what it looks like.

Langchevy, we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer but we think you'll like this card

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card

Now below that it says you may also be interested in the simplicity card and the world master card. I'm sure that's a generic response and not actually based on my credit worthiness. It's always fun though just to run your information through and see what happens. 

I know this is going to sound stupid but I have to ask.... Is your name really Langchevy? .... okay I will snicker now. Smiley Wink

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

No my name isn't langchevy it's a play off my actual last name. I just use it for the purprose of having some anonymity online. I really don't want to go around online forums posting my real first and last name. Also that's Mr. Langchevy to you (sarcasm of course). However, I will ask you is your real name RonDawg lol? In the purpose of staying on topic I don't think I would qualify for any of those cards. Knowing my luck I'll now recieve pre approvals in the mail every month. 

Message 33 of 45
RonDawg
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No my name isn't langchevy it's a play off my actual last name. I just use it for the purprose of having some anonymity online. I really don't want to go around online forums posting my real first and last name. Also that's Mr. Langchevy to you (sarcasm of course). However, I will ask you is your real name RonDawg lol? In the purpose of staying on topic I don't think I would qualify for any of those cards. Knowing my luck I'll now recieve pre approvals in the mail every month. 

I was only kidding. I knew you only slipped that in.  I just saw the post and thought now thats funny to put your handle as your name on a credit app.   Being silly sorry Smiley Sad
In anycase I don't think they are that good of a deal and really not a good reason for coming out of the garden anyway at least not for me.
AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 34 of 45
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I was pre-qualified for their AA and Simplicity cards. Neither are of any interest to me, but just for another data point.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 35 of 45
MYBEST
New Contributor

Lol @ RonDawg
EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 36 of 45
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Hmph.  Ran both myself and DW through it...and we're not prequalified for any of them either...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 37 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tcbofade wrote:

Hmph.  Ran both myself and DW through it...and we're not prequalified for any of them either...

I think in part you need to be on their radar to begin with.  I won't know till I pull my annual reports next year, but I'm uncertain that a SP is actually done in all cases with pre-qual sites.  Hopefully someone else who has the ability to see their SP's in semi-short order will play with it and report back.

        
Message 38 of 45
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

LMAO @ RonDawg

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 39 of 45
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

kevinjjc, we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer but we think you'll like this card
Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card
This card is specifically designed for earning Points

Earn 15,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months after account opening; enough for $150 in gift cards.3

Earn 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 spent on purchases.2

Earn an anniversary bonus on ThankYou® Points earned from purchases every year.2

No expiration and no limit on the number of ThankYou® Points you can earn.2

Learn More

Purchase APR
12.99% - 22.99% variable APR based on your creditworthiness.1

Balance Transfer Information
No Intro APR on balance transfers

Annual Fee
No Annual Fee1

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.