Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi online CLI request results

tag
h4ldol
Contributor

Citi online CLI request results

I decided to go for it with the online CLI request for my Citi Diamond Preferred card, which was opened in Feb 2012 and used sparingly (very little use) and has a zero balance (always PIF but again, very little use), and started with a $8300 CL.

After putting in the personal info, here's what the result was:

Your credit line can be immediately increased by $1,000.00 for a total new credit line of $9,300.00.

During the evaluation process, a credit bureau report was not pulled.

Please indicate below whether or not you accept this amount. If you want a lower credit line, call Customer Service at 1-888-766-2484. Outside the U.S., call 605-335-2222.

I declined the $1K CLI, figuring that I may just call and go for a larger increase, at the very least to get a CL of $10K but hopefully higher.  I don't mind a HP since Citi pulled EQ when I opened the card and my score has since jumped over 50 pts to over 800 FICO now. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi online CLI request results

I would call them for sure. With your score, $10k should be easy.....

Good luck! Let us know the results of the call.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 5
severine
Contributor

I just made the same request and got the exact same message. I went ahead and accepted the $1000 CLI, mainly because I don't feel like dealing with it! This is also a SD'd card for the moment. I've had the card for a year and have never asked for a CLI, so I figured what-the-heck!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 3 of 5
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

On the first page of the request form (where you enter your income info), is there a message that submitting the form authorizes them to do a credit check? Just wondering, because mine does. Would take the 1k for a SP, but not looking of a HP at this time.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 5
h4ldol
Contributor

"On the first page of the request form (where you enter your income info), is there a message that submitting the form authorizes them to do a credit check?"

Yep, on the final step before you hit submit there is a little statement that says you authorize Citi to do a credit check if you submit your request.  Whether it is a SP or HP seems to be not entirely predictable. 

I forgot to mention that I requested a total CL of $15K from the current $8300. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.