Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi or BOA after BK7?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi or BOA after BK7?

I declared BK7 in 04', and included an account from Citi and BOA. Now, I have re-established with very low 700 scores and no revolving debt. My seven year stent will be up next year and all my BK's accounts will be gone. Will Citi or BOA approve me? I know that Chase and Amex will not consider you until the actual BK is off your report. Anyone have recent experience?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scrubs
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi or BOA after BK7?

neither of them. citi and boa is not bk friendly,both will turn you down flat.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to let you know that I had a BK7 in 2001.  I included a Chase card on it.  When WAMU cards were transferred to Chase I didn't think I would make the cut because of the BK7 that included a Chase card.  I was surprised when they kept both my WAMU Platinum Mastercard and my ESPN Credit card.  They have increased the APR but they haven't touched my credit Line.  I use very sparringly and am in the process of paying them both off.  I did try to combine them into one card but they said no.  They are both smaller credit lines, $1000 each and I don't really expect them to grow much if any.  I've been thinking about closing one of them once my BK falls off in March 2011.  But I want to get my balances all down first so it doesn't hurt my credit score.  My score has been inching up every month as I pay things down and don't want to go the other way for closing a card.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really...that's a bummer. I talked with someone at BOA a month or so ago and said they don't auto decline for BK but who know these days it seems like they change their mind every day...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a wamu card that they gave me after my bk, it had a $6500 credit line...when it went to Chase, they closed in in August of 2009 according to them because I used it rarely. I didn't know that cc companies were going to start doing that. Funny thing is in 2008, even though I filed on Chase, I applied for a Circuit City (chase) card and was instantly approved. I don;t want to be a complainer bc every situation is different but all things considered in my experiences and those I know about first hand, customer service, etc....I really don;t care for Chase and am not disappointed I don't have an account with them. There are other companies out there that have treated me with respect and gratitude despite my hard times. That means a lot to me, and I will be faithful to them.
Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Things are different now than they were 3 years back when I got actively involved with my credit. My experience. I BK'd a Chase card but they approved me for 5K. Citi gave me numerous approvals. The BK was 7 yo at that time. I do not know how things are today in that regard. My scores were around 680 with basically no new accounts or inqs.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.