Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi product change question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi product change question

I want to switch my Citi card from from Platinum to the Hilton Honors card but I want to make sure it is not going to ding my reports. The rep said she didn't know but that a new account number is issued when a product change happens. Should I assume that means it will show as a new account on my report thus lowering my AAoA? Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Citi product change question

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to switch my Citi card from from Platinum to the Hilton Honors card but I want to make sure it is not going to ding my reports. The rep said she didn't know but that a new account number is issued when a product change happens. Should I assume that means it will show as a new account on my report thus lowering my AAoA? Any help would be appreciated.

I have a card converting in the next few weeks and would love to get an answer to your question. Unfortunately the Citi CSRs (even supervisors) seem clueless as to whether it will report as a new trade line retaining history, or whehter the account number will be updated on the existing tradeline already listed on the reports.

Message 2 of 10
stefanc
Regular Contributor

With the caveat that this was years ago... I changed from an Citi AA Amex to a Citi MasterCard - Obviously the number changed... It just changed over on my reports to the new number everything was retained Again this was a few years back.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. Anyone else care to opine to current experience? Surely, someone has gone through this.
Message 4 of 10
sgs10
Regular Contributor

It shouldn't be new account, you should be able to retain the same card number and account number. I recently PC'd my platinum select to Dividend and was able to retain everything. It seems u had a lousy CSR, try calling them again a knowledgable CSR should be able to assist u properly

Message 5 of 10
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@sgs10 wrote:

It shouldn't be new account, you should be able to retain the same card number and account number. I recently PC'd my platinum select to Dividend and was able to retain everything. It seems u had a lousy CSR, try calling them again a knowledgable CSR should be able to assist u properly

Where you able to PC from Platinum Select to Dividend pretty easily?  As of now the Plat Select is pretty useless to me except for utilization and age.

Message 6 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Has anyone here able to PC their Citi cards into AT&T Universal Savings? Thinking of PC my Forward into AT&T Universal Savings, then apped for an Amazon Chase.

Message 7 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

if you have a card with citi cash, what happens to it when you PC to a different card?

Message 8 of 10
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@sgs10 wrote:

I believe it will be a new account any time you move from one co-branded CC to another co-branded CC with an issuer other than Amex (and with Amex, you can only PC certain products to certain products).

Message 9 of 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I PCed from Citi Mastercard American Airlines Advantage to Citi Thank You Preferred and I retained all my history, etc.  I did this back in January/February.  It was fine. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.