cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi product change vs 24 month rule to get SUB?

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Citi product change vs 24 month rule to get SUB?

Assuming that I did not receive the bonus or did not close any thank you point-earning cards the past 2 years. Would I still be able to get Citi Premier bonus after converting TY Preferred to Custom Cash? I heard if card number stays the same then PCing doesn't cout as closing account.

Any successful data points? 

I also wonder if there's an easier way to check if one is eligible for Citi sign up bonus...? For example Chase, they would deny if not eligible to get bonus... Do we always have to call in to double check?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting Citi Premier bonus after converting Double Cash to Custom Cash?

Underneath the bonus offer on the Citi Premier splash page I see this:

Bonus ThankYou® Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+®, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier® or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these accounts, in the past 24 months.

So I think you would be eligible for the bonus, seeing as neither the Double Cash or Custom Cash are listed there. You ought to have a look through the terms yourself, though.

Message 2 of 3
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting Citi Premier bonus after converting Double Cash to Custom Cash?

@Anonymous wrote:

Underneath the bonus offer on the Citi Premier splash page I see this:

Bonus ThankYou® Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+®, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier® or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these accounts, in the past 24 months.

So I think you would be eligible for the bonus, seeing as neither the Double Cash or Custom Cash are listed there. You ought to have a look through the terms yourself, though.

Thanks, I didn't see that... 

I updated the post to ask about TY preferred since Pcing double cash isn't possible at this time.

I heard PC TY preferred into something else doesn't count as closing if card number stay the same... Any successful datapoints?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.