Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi product change

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Citi product change

I did a product change on my Citi Plat Select to a Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards card.  Holy cow that was easy!!!  Smiley Surprised Four minute phone call and all is done.  I expected a little bit of resistance, but nothing.  Citi is quickly becoming my favorite.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Citi product change

Did they pull your CR?  How long before you get the new card? 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 11
UpNComing
Established Contributor

unknown_entity wrote:
Did they pull your CR?  How long before you get the new card? 

No pull, soft or hard.  She said the card would be in the mail same day.  I'll update when I get it.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 3 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Citi is pretty good in product change. I combined two cards into one and then changed it to a new card. Took them less than few seconds for making the change.
Message 4 of 11
USC08
Frequent Contributor

How long does a person have to wait in order to do a product change from a citi platinum select to another card?
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 5 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I product changed my Priority Pass into a Dividend Platinum Amex in about 45 seconds. They know their stuff there.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 11
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

I think maybe he/she means how long should you have the card before waiting to do a product change?  If not, I'm wondering that.  I attempted to do one when I received my card, and they told me I needed to wait a few months.  Although the lady seemed completely clueless on what I was trying to do. 

Think I should just try again?  I was thinking I'd try right after my next statement posts next week

Message 7 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Comp5569 wrote:

I think maybe he/she means how long should you have the card before waiting to do a product change?  If not, I'm wondering that.  I attempted to do one when I received my card, and they told me I needed to wait a few months.  Although the lady seemed completely clueless on what I was trying to do. 

Think I should just try again?  I was thinking I'd try right after my next statement posts next week

I did mine immediately when I found out it did not report a CL. I'd try calling back and trying a different CSR. 

Here we go again...
Message 8 of 11
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Comp5569 wrote:

I did mine immediately when I found out it did not report a CL. I'd try calling back and trying a different CSR. 

I think I will do that.  Thanks for the advice!

Message 9 of 11
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Thanks FRET!
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.