Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi reducing lines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi reducing lines

• Be careful make large payments they will cut your line down.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi reducing lines

Welcome to myFico, sounds like you are having a bad experience with Citi. While many lenders have admitted to cutting consumer credit lines, they have typically done so with "some" reason. Can you share specifics about your situation? 

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Said card balances to high. I have excellent score.

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to myFico, sounds like you are having a bad experience with Citi. While many lenders have admitted to cutting consumer credit lines, they have typically done so with "some" reason. Can you share specifics about your situation? 

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Said card balances to high. I have excellent score.

Specifics please?

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is all I have on this

Message 5 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forums 

The only reason questions are being asked is to help others who might be in a similar situation. It provides valuable data points to the community if you at least touch on how long you've carried balance on Citi card, and if there are high balances on the other cards. 

If you're not willing to share that, its perfectly fine, too. 

I'm sorry this happened to you, and I hope other lenders dont follow on their steps. 

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted to help. I made a large payment and within 24 hours they reduced the line. If it happens with others to be expected now. Bankers provide umbrellas when the sun is out and take them away when it rains..the norm.

Message 7 of 33
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Maybe this will help fine tune what members are looking for.

Was this large balance one you had been carrying for several months (maybe a balance transfer) or did you make a handful of recent (<60 days) large purchases and paid them off?

Has your overall debt increased with other lenders and your report reflect that? 

Did you have any recent payment issues on this account or any Citi accounts (didn't clear in time, not enough, anything random)?

If it's not too personal, what does your current overall utilization look like on that card - was it pretty much maxed out, 80%, 70%, 20%? 

I think notes like this help us understand (as best we can) what kinds of profiles, behaviors or customers Citi is taking more comprehensive looks at. 

Sorry this happened to you. It's a fickle time right now 

Message 8 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you,  unfortunately i cant make large payments on a 0 balance but thanks for headsupSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you made a payment and they reduced your limit after then you are being balance chased.  Without more data, it is hard to speculate any further.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.