Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi report my new CC to RCA even though I did not received card yet

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Citi report my new CC to RCA even though I did not received card yet

I apply a new Citi cc 16th this month and got instant approved. today i checked my credit report and found that this card was on file. I did not received actual card yet.

why citi so fast?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi report my new CC to RCA even though I did not received card yet

GECRB did the same to me with my Walmart card - was on my reports before I even had the card.

Unless you were trying to apply for credit again and didn't want the new line hurting your score, I'd say that it's good that they reported it - at least better than waiting two months with Cap One.

Message 2 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Barclays does the same, I think it is so other credits know how much credit you have even though the card is not yet active

Message 3 of 8
Juan123
Established Contributor

i applied and got approved around the 14th. it doesnt show on my CR =/

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@john398 wrote:

Barclays does the same

Yes my Barclay Card was listed on all three CRA's within one week of app, I did not even have the card yet.

Message 5 of 8
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Doesn't it all have to do with what day your statement cuts?  I applied last week; got my card two days ago; statement cut yesterday, and it showed up on my CR today.

Not applicable

Creditors are jealous lovers. Like a tomcat they're marking their territory. ^_^'
Message 7 of 8
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Creditors are jealous lovers. Like a tomcat they're marking their territory. ^_^'

LOL, that's funny.  Chase did tell me that they want me to be happy to carry a Chase card and proud to have it in my wallet, the last time I spoke with them.  Smiley Wink  I guess they want it at the FRONT of my wallet, hiding all the other lowly cards I don't like as much.  Smiley Happy