Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi requesting 4506t

tag
Garbonauta
New Visitor

Citi requesting 4506t

Hello All,

I recently applied for the Citi AAdvantage card as I am now a travelling consultant on the road full time.

Upon submitting my application Citi asked for a 4506t. Now, I plan on following through with the application. However, my concern is the value I used for the yearly income.

While the value is accurate (It is what I currently make), I just recently got my pay raise (about 3 weeks ago, over 25%+). I am just worried that I used the wrong value and I should have applied with what I made last year. 

Now, I understand I might get rejected anyway (as seen in some posts about 4506t requests) and that is mostly fine... I am just a bit paranoid about the implications of putting my current income (post raise) compared to what I made last year.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi requesting 4506t

@Garbonauta wrote:

Hello All,

I recently applied for the Citi AAdvantage card as I am now a travelling consultant on the road full time.

Upon submitting my application Citi asked for a 4506t. Now, I plan on following through with the application. However, my concern is the value I used for the yearly income.

While the value is accurate (It is what I currently make), I just recently got my pay raise (about 3 weeks ago, over 25%+). I am just worried that I used the wrong value and I should have applied with what I made last year. 

Now, I understand I might get rejected anyway (as seen in some posts about 4506t requests) and that is mostly fine... I am just a bit paranoid about the implications of putting my current income (post raise) compared to what I made last year.

Welcome to the forum

If you feel ok giving that info and everyone doesn't

As long as you didn't over inflate your income by hugh amounts I don't think it will have that much of an effect

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, I don't think 25% increase is going to cause a huge amount of problems, many people experience an increase in income from last years tax return (not always 25% +)

and if need be you might be able to produce pay information to show that your application was more or less accurate.

Any idea why they did this, rather than approve or reject?  Was your stated income high by usual standards?

Message 3 of 5
Garbonauta
New Visitor

I am suspecting it has to do with the length of my credit history. Before applying I requested my credit scores from the 3 bureaus through Experian. While I am in the very low category in all 3 bureaus, however, my credit history is less than 5 years (due to being a legal immigrant and having my first line of credit about 3 years ago).

I am just paranoid, reviewing the description on the field in the application I should be OK, the values are 100% accurate. I just want to make sure I do things right Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

You will be fine. You should tell citi about it and offer to submit a copy of your pay slips or letter from employer as well. That should clear any misunderstanding that may arise.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.