cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I have to assume Citi will roll the rounding up thing back. People are going to abuse that like nothing else. Donate $0.07 to charity, anyone?

I wouldn't assume that. They may just shutdown accounts of people who try to game the system. Really depends on the scope of the abuse, but given how technology has advanced I think the people who try to exploit this card will get smacked down pretty quickly. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 112
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for sharing @CreditCuriosity.

Hmmmm tempting. I will consider it for sure. Not sure if I'll end up sacrificing a current core card to PC, since I'm also entertaining round 2 for another Premier. Oh decisions, decisions 😛
Message 22 of 112
redpat
Senior Contributor

Wow, no approvals in the approval forum yet.

What happened to the good old days when a new card came out and the approval forum would light up?

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 23 of 112
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@redpat wrote:

What happened to the good old days when a new card came out and the approval forum would light up?

Possibly needs a more positive thread here.  "Wow, that's huge!   Every transaction ROUNDED UP to the next 10!!!!   If you spend $200M a year, you would earn..."   oops, my cynicism is showing.

Message 24 of 112
redpat
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Possibly needs a more positive thread here.  "Wow, that's huge!   Every transaction ROUNDED UP to the next 10!!!!   If you spend $200M a year, you would earn..."   oops, my cynicism is showing.

I have seen one of the worst cards of all time get lit up on the first day, remember Amex Plenti.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 25 of 112
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

lol @ plenti card.

It just takes one approval and watch the dominos fall

Message 26 of 112
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

does this card have the 24 month typ rule applying to it anyone know?  Meaning if you have say premiere in last 24 month you dont get bonus?

Message 27 of 112
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@redpat wrote:

I have seen one of the worst cards of all time get lit up on the first day, remember Amex Plenti.

The thing with the old Plenti card though was that for the right person, it could actually work.  I recall seeing some people get creative with it specifically with AT&T.

I can see how a PC from one of the AF cards might come in handy, but as for a new app this seems like a rather 'meh' offering compared to what many of us are accustomed to. 

Perhaps I'm just not creative enough.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited to add:  I admit I'm not well-versed on TY points... it's very possible there's more to it than I'm aware of.

Message 28 of 112
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

does this card have the 24 month typ rule applying to it anyone know?  Meaning if you have say premiere in last 24 month you dont get bonus?

It sure does. That's why I'd hit Premier for SUB, then *maybe* PC a sacrificial lamb for Citi Rewards 😁

Message 29 of 112
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yep. 24 month rule if you have gotten the bonus or closed the Preferred, Premier or Prestige in the past 24 months. They aren't playing around w this one!

Message 30 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.