cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

@UncleB wrote:

The thing with the old Plenti card though was that for the right person, it could actually work.  I recall seeing some people get creative with it specifically with AT&T.

This. I dunno about the average consumer but it was used for awhile to MS before AMEX cracked down on it.

Message 31 of 112
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Going to pass on this one. BK falls off EX in March and I want to test the blacklist waters with Chase and see if my responsible use of my IHG card the last five years will convince them to give me a CSP.

Yes, I had to beg for approval on the IHG card four years post-BK. Beg.......

Message 32 of 112
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

The thing with the old Plenti card though was that for the right person, it could actually work.  I recall seeing some people get creative with it specifically with AT&T.

This. I dunno about the average consumer but it was used for awhile to MS before AMEX cracked down on it.

Really?   People were MSing for Plenti points?   Oh, I guess with Rite-Aid maybe

Message 33 of 112
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Really?   People were MSing for Plenti points?   Oh, I guess with Rite-Aid maybe

Alright, whomever is hiding his Square debit card, give it back, plz !

Message 34 of 112
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

It was used to reload variable gift cards once upon a time.

Message 35 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don’t forget the Prestige gets released again this month. I’d wait to see what that looks like before sacrificing the 24 mo bonus rule for this card.

If someone wasn’t too interested in the TYPreferred, I wouldn’t think they would just off the sofa for this.
Message 36 of 112
red259
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

does this card have the 24 month typ rule applying to it anyone know?  Meaning if you have say premiere in last 24 month you dont get bonus?

It sure does. That's why I'd hit Premier for SUB, then *maybe* PC a sacrificial lamb for Citi Rewards 😁

Exactly this is NOT a card to apply for if you are interested in a SUB. This may be a good card to PC to a year after getting the SUB on a higher end card. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 37 of 112
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Dedicated to all my friends here this is the first time  I hunt down card  knowing that I wont be getting any bonus no problem look what u made me do Smiley Frustrated

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-Rewards-Card-Approval-21-2k/td-p/5463998

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 38 of 112
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Mahraja wrote:

Dedicated to all my friends here this is the first time  I hunt down card  knowing that I wont be getting any bonus no problem look what u made me do Smiley Frustrated

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-Rewards-Card-Approval-21-2k/td-p/5463998

Great, a bonus for me then!  (Citi and Amex pay me to trash cards here to annoy others enough to apply for their worthless cards!  Oops not meant to tell)

Message 39 of 112
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

So with this card you can effectively buy $21 in gas or groceries and earn 50 TY points--not bad! However I was planning to app for AA business next month (hidden TL) so I'm gonna wait this one out for a little bit. If it starts to get abused too bad (the rewards structure) they'll likely do like Savor and tack a $95 AF onto it by this Summer.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 40 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.