cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

The Business AA card is easy to obtain Credit-pimp! I'd grab it first as well. Just got it in the mail yesterday.
Wish they offered this new card last month or I would have PCd my personal AA to it.
I'll wait six months and try for this one.
Message 41 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

smiley-laughing021.gifHmm ... maybe I will respond for this card when UncleB does? Smiley LOL

Message 42 of 112
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You know what happens when people get bored at work on a friday and think about the weekend or right after work and have a few drinks to relax from a tough week at work.....

Message 43 of 112
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you aren’t eligible for the bonus I think the card is better as a product change vs a new application
Message 44 of 112
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

You know what happens when people get bored at work on a friday and think about the weekend or right after work and have a few drinks to relax from a tough week at work.....

It was my understanding that we're supposed to apply for cards with $550 annual fee, then start a thread 11 months later about cancelling it. 

I could be wrong. 

Message 45 of 112
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

. If it starts to get abused too bad (the rewards structure) they'll likely do like Savor and tack a $95 AF onto it by this Summer.

Like others have said, Citi is much more likely to close the accounts of abusers than do something like add an AF.    An annual fee is just noise to a true MSer, you just do more to make up for it, and it would likely put off the target consumers.

It seems fairly easy with this reward structure to start determining who MIGHT be abusing, and maybe get a person to take a closer look.   In previous run-ins with Citi, where they gave uncapped 5x rewards on groceries gas and drug stores, there is some wiggle room as to how much is too much to spend at a drug store, some people have really expensive drugs they buy each month.     Whereas 3000 Amazon 50c gift card reloads...... "I've got a lot of friends and I want to give them all small gifts..."

Message 46 of 112
NRB525
Super Contributor

“I have a lot of friends I want to annoy with activation codes for $0.50 gift cards”.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 47 of 112
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

It seems odd to me that they don't provide the sign up bonus to folks who recently got a Citi card with Thankyou points. It would seem that that would be a great market segment. It's precisely because I got a Premier card, and found the ThankYou points to be of value, that I would be interested in another card that gives me additional opportunities to earn ThankYou points.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 48 of 112
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
“I have a lot of friends I want to annoy with activation codes for $0.50 gift cards”.

Oh come on!   Remember that, well, weird guy from 1st grade, who has somehow tracked you down on social media?  And how happy you are to receive a 50c Amazon gift card from him?   

Message 49 of 112
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

It seems odd to me that they don't provide the sign up bonus to folks who recently got a Citi card with Thankyou points. It would seem that that would be a great market segment. It's precisely because I got a Premier card, and found the ThankYou points to be of value, that I would be interested in another card that gives me additional opportunities to earn ThankYou points.

Well unfortunately when things get abused it does ruin it for everyone, including legitimate long term customers. Sucks but I’m not surprised by the restrictions. 

Message 50 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.