cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi rewards+ now live anyone going for it?

Eh, I'm not sure the TYP program is for me.  I'll probably pass

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 51 of 112
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

6 pages only? Whats up Citi? If this was a Chase card we'd probably be at least 7 deepSmiley Wink
Message 52 of 112
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
6 pages only? Whats up Citi? If this was a Chase card we'd probably be at least 7 deepSmiley Wink

Card is overall pretty weak IMO, a little better than the Thank You Preferred was but still most people will be better off with a flat rate cash back. Besides that, most who would want this for the bonus are locked out of the bonus due to the restrictions. So I think that's why we aren't seeing a huge response.

Message 53 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

will wait to see what prestige brings.
Message 54 of 112
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Card is overall pretty weak IMO, a little better than the Thank You Preferred was but still most people will be better off with a flat rate cash back. Besides that, most who would want this for the bonus are locked out of the bonus due to the restrictions. So I think that's why we aren't seeing a huge response.

agreed, its weird this low level card is allowed to lock out SUB for premier and prestige. Citi needs to rethink about this.

It's part of the Thank You family of cards, same thing as how Chase now restricts Sapphire bonuses across the suite of cards. Apparently banks feel this is an efficient way to deal with bonus abuse - locking people out of multiple bonuses at once. The average consumer is unlikely to notice, so don't really think Citi has to rethink it. Most who sign up just for the bonus weren't going to keep the card anyway, which is not what Citi wants.

If one is eligible for a Thank You sign up bonus, I think they're much better off getting the Premier anyway. Way higher bonus and no AF the first year anyway.

Message 55 of 112
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

The card looks interesting, but I guess I’m just more of a cash-back person rather than points.... Plus I really think the rewards might get scaled back. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 56 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Rewards Credit Card

Looks like Citibank stepped up their game, what do you guys think?? I think it's better than the AMEX Cash Magnet card, IMO

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-rewards-plus-credit-card&a...

Message 57 of 112
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Rewards Credit Card

It’s an interesting card. There have already been a few approvals for it. Time will tell how things go down....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 58 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, Thank you Citi.
Too much work for too little pay (rewards)...sounds like my job.
Message 59 of 112
wdkwang
Contributor

Am I going for it?

• Yes, I'll be going for the card. I recently requested Citi to product change my DoubleCash card to the Rewards+ card.

Why?

• Because the bulk of my purchases are on my Chase trifecta cards and the CNB Crystal (travel card), I haven't had a use for the DoubleCash in about 2 years. I just buy an Amazon gift card every so often to keep it active.
  • With the Rewards+ card, a 15K bonus can be earned at least, and be used for redemption, or be linked to an Amazon account to redeem TY points when there is a promo (See Link: https://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/amazon-citi-discount/).
  • After working out the math, I won't be taking advantage of the 'round to 10 TY points' perk because it is not worth the hassle to me or the risk of getting my account closed by Citi or Amazon (spamming gift card purchases).

Chase Sapphire Reserve 34K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 28K | Chase Amazon 25K
Chase IHG 8.5K | Chase Freedom 5K | Chase Sapphire 3K
Bank of America Cash 40K | Bank of America Travel 40K
AMEX Delta Gold 30K | AMEX Everyday 25K | AMEX Delta 13K | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday 2.62K
Citi Rewards Plus 31K | Citi ThankYou Premier 18.7K
PenFed Pathfinder 5K | PenFed Platinum 5K
City National Bank Crystal Visa 15k
TD Cash 14K | Uber Visa 13K | USBank Cash+ 10K
Wells Fargo Cash Wise 6.5K | Discover IT 5.2K
Overstock 13K | Target RedCard 2.5K | Victoria Secret Angel 1K | LOVE LOFT .25K
BP Visa 5K | Walmart MC 3.3K

08/18: TCL 246.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 5.0Y || TU: 820 | EQ: 823 | EX: 815 || INQ - TU: 3 | EQ: 3 | EX: 7
12/18: TCL 386.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 3.1Y || TU: 805 | EQ: 813 | EX: 769 || INQ - TU: 5 | EQ: 4 | EX: 10
11/19: TCL 421.55K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 4.2Y || TU: 818 | EQ: 820 | EX: 794 || INQ - TU: 6 | EQ: 5 | EX: 9
Message 60 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.