Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi's New CLI Page

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Citi's New CLI Page

They keep changing it. Has anyone Used it Yet? Is it now a Hard for sure? Sorry was unable to copy it
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi's New CLI Page

About a week ago I pressed the CLI button and requested the amount, entered the new income (higher than before), the amount of the mortgage, on the following page it told me that I was approved for a little less than I requested and told me a credit report was not pulled for this decision and if I accept to press the button. I happily did Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Redfunk

I just reviewed this, and went to the site.  I had a $900 credit limit, and requested an additional $2,000.  After asking for current financial info, it came back with a $900 increase, and no credit report pulled.  I accepted.  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I clicked the Citi CLI link and entered my CLI request amount, annual income, and mortgage/rent payment, but when I clicked 'Continue', the next page showed me the values I had entered and at the bottom said:

"By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to check your credit history."

And I could press Cancel or Continue.

Is that what you saw when it was a soft pull, or did the next screen just say you were approved?

Message 4 of 8
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I clicked the Citi CLI link and entered my CLI request amount, annual income, and mortgage/rent payment, but when I clicked 'Continue', the next page showed me the values I had entered and at the bottom said:

"By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to check your credit history."

Is that what you saw when it was a soft pull, or did the next screen just say you were approved?

This is a BIG either/or situation.  I pressed it, and I got a $1,600 CLI, and it said at the bottom no credit report was pulled.

My SO did the same thing, and got the 30 minute decision screen, and was eventually approved.  But got a hard pull.

So it is definitely a YMMV situation.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jthedges wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a BIG either/or situation.  I pressed it, and I got a $1,600 CLI, and it said at the bottom no credit report was pulled.

My SO did the same thing, and got the 30 minute decision screen, and was eventually approved.  But got a hard pull.

So it is definitely a YMMV situation.

From the original posts, it seemed that the next page after you enter your info just showed you your CLI (and it was a soft pull).  Since I didn't get that screen when I entered my info, I'm not sure if the previous posters just left out that there is a summary screen that you have to click thru to get to the CLI approved screen, or if it might mean that a hard pull was coming if I clicked 'Continue'

Message 6 of 8
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Here is my nice piece of info.  If you call the number on the back of your card, and get to a representative you can ask if you are pre-approved for a credit line increase without a hard pull, and they can actually check that for you without a hard pull.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 7 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Thank you plasticguy and jthedges!

I'll be sure to use one of these methods after the card reports 0.

I don't mind a CLI with a HP.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.