Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 's highest limits

tag
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi 's highest limits

Whoa, congrats! How much do you regularly charge on the card? Also if you don't mind sharing, what's your income like (feel free to round to maintain privacy)?

Message 11 of 25
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

Hello, 

What is the max amount Citi is known to lend out to people? 

I threw out a limit increase number of $60,000 fully expecting to be counteroffered and their online machine totally granted it. My previous limit on that card was $24,900

Very curious, thanks

WOW - 35K CLI on a SP? Damn, I would have thought anything over 5K at the most would invite an automatic HP INQ. 

my highest limit with citi was $42,000 and when I was approved for the executive card she transferred $11,000 to my new line of credit. The rep did ask if my new credit line was enough and I answered yes.

Message 12 of 25
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Hmm, citi does keep sending me invites to apply for an increase on my prestige. I hardly use is so I never thought to get it, But would ne nice to have it match or exceede my other cards. 

I know citi was very generous to my dad (he had a 100k limit chairman card), but he had been a member with them since the 70s so I think citi like history more than anything. I have only had a citi card for a couple years now. 

Congrats on the CL. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 13 of 25
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

Hello, 

What is the max amount Citi is known to lend out to people? 

I threw out a limit increase number of $60,000 fully expecting to be counteroffered and their online machine totally granted it. My previous limit on that card was $24,900

Very curious, thanks

WOW - 35K CLI on a SP? Damn, I would have thought anything over 5K at the most would invite an automatic HP INQ. 

Its a hard inquiry

just came out of the garden

Message 14 of 25
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@Remember0 wrote:

Whoa, congrats! How much do you regularly charge on the card? Also if you don't mind sharing, what's your income like (feel free to round to maintain privacy)?

I don't charge on their card.

Although I had floated a balance for a few months on a Citi Custom Credit Line recently.

I'm a Citigold member if that helps, so that may be the only somewhat exceptional thing about my relationship with Citi compared to other institutions. Kind of like how private clients get JP Morgan Palladium cards with 100k limits, maybe Citigold has some undocumented perks.

I totally could have asked for more credit and been counteroffered or something, tried to recon but they couldn't guarantee me that it would not be another hard inquiry, so I told them I was content for now (which I am, just incredibly curious about the limits of my credit worthiness).

Message 15 of 25
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@Remember0 wrote:

I don't charge on their card.

Although I had floated a balance for a few months on a Citi Custom Credit Line recently.

I'm a Citigold member if that helps, so that may be the only somewhat exceptional thing about my relationship with Citi compared to other institutions. Kind of like how private clients get JP Morgan Palladium cards with 100k limits, maybe Citigold has some undocumented perks.

I totally could have asked for more credit and been counteroffered or something, tried to recon but they couldn't guarantee me that it would not be another hard inquiry, so I told them I was content for now (which I am, just incredibly curious about the limits of my credit worthiness).

I have often wondered if the citigold was somewhat like that. I think even if it isnt proven or admitted that if the banks can see what your worth they are more willing to lend. I had a way easier time getting a mortgage with Chase than any other lending company but I have a banker at JP morgan. My dad managed with citi (how he got the chairman card) and always had his various mortgages through out his life with citi. Regardless a 60k un secured line is fantastic. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 16 of 25
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

If you're wondering what Citigold is, it means you have to hav an account with them with something like an averag of 50k in it at all times. My hubs is also a Citigold member but he couldn't remember the exact amount.

I told him to get a CLI! Maybe that'll push my scores over the 800 mark.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 25
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

If you're wondering what Citigold is, it means you have to hav an account with them with something like an averag of 50k in it at all times. My hubs is also a Citigold member but he couldn't remember the exact amount.

Ok so its basically like my Jp morgan private banker type thing. He manages my liquid assets (stocks, bonds, ira, 401k etc). Keeps bugging me to get  Jp morgan ritz card, im holding out for pallidum. 

Message 18 of 25
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

Yeah, and when you sign into your citi account online the site gets rebranded with gold banners and Citigold in places, and ATMs also say "thank you for being citigold", and you get special checks and a gold [colored] debit card, and there is an extra teller at citi branches waiting for you. many fees are waived too, I had to get a cashier's check of 20 cents made once and the teller looked at me weird saying that cost $10 and I responded "wait don't gold members get that for free" and even if that wasn't written down somewhere it became true then!

Message 19 of 25
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

Ok so its basically like my Jp morgan private banker type thing. He manages my liquid assets (stocks, bonds, ira, 401k etc). Keeps bugging me to get  Jp morgan ritz card, im holding out for pallidum. 

I kind of want a palladium but the $595 fee ON TOP having to put up with JP Morgan's private banker management fees and lackluster investment performance ehhhhhhhhhhh

maybe. It would be pure vanity reasons for me.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.