Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi unable to redeem rewards

tag
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Citi unable to redeem rewards

Has anyone been unable to use thankyou.com to redeem Citi rewards? Whenever I click on "redeem" in my cart, the page url just gets a # added to the end and nothing happens. I tried four different browsers, and the app, at different times of day. It's pretty frustrating but I understand a little why Citi has its nickname. Makes me glad I won't be pursuing any other cards from them.

Or I'm just frustrated, but seriously it's ridiculous and contacting them was a bust.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
furthur
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi unable to redeem rewards

This past week I've been having trouble just logging into my Citi account in general. Have you tried incognito mode? It's consistently worked for me that way.

Message 2 of 7
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

I don't use the thank you points, I'm a cashback guy, but.....I had the same issue just recently. Clicking on the redeeem option did absolutely nothing, like the page was frozen or something. So I tried to call customer service, and of course because of COVID-19 I couldn't get through.

Ultimately, it took using the chat option on the website to get through to a CSR. I explained my issue, asked them to redeem my cashback into my associated bank account and was done in less than 5 mins.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icednightpaper wrote:

Has anyone been unable to use thankyou.com to redeem Citi rewards? Whenever I click on "redeem" in my cart, the page url just gets a # added to the end and nothing happens. I tried four different browsers, and the app, at different times of day. It's pretty frustrating but I understand a little why Citi has its nickname. Makes me glad I won't be pursuing any other cards from them.

Or I'm just frustrated, but seriously it's ridiculous and contacting them was a bust.

Any ideas?

Great thread! Wish I'd seen this a week ago! Thought I was loosing my mind? Played with their website and after a couple of days got the rewards.  Will add Citi has had a less than stellar website for years. Cutsie but hard to read and often a royal pain. The idea of chat slipped by me! As to calling well that was a bust!  Feel better now Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@furthur wrote:

This past week I've been having trouble just logging into my Citi account in general. Have you tried incognito mode? It's consistently worked for me that way.

Yes, I just switched browsers and got in fine, so probably some cookie issue is confusing them their end.

Message 5 of 7
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

I'm having different struggles with their old Cash Returns rewards program. My rewards balance is a few dollars below the $50 redemption threshold. I want to cash in my chips so I can PC the card to something better without losing what I've accrued. I don't really use the card, so organic spend isn't going to get me over the hump. I searched through their bonus cash offers and found one that would get me over $50. I followed all the rules and made the purchase that should have earned the bonus. Now they are not giving me the bonus cash. I've called. I've chatted. Multiple times. I've waited for one and then two statement cycles. Nada. They did send me a form letter that said, basically, "we looked into it and everything is correct" but there's no detail given to support that assertion.

I know Citibank has much bigger things to deal with than my petty bonus cash issue. I also know that such a small amount of money is not worth the time and emotional energy I am investing in it, but the situation and their handling of it is really chafing me.  I should just let it go, but I'm struggling to do so.

I didn't know what OP's reference to a nickname meant, so I googled it.  I LOLed.

Message 6 of 7
mumbogray
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@furthur wrote:

Yes, I just switched browsers and got in fine, so probably some cookie issue is confusing them their end.

I have also noticed this, chrome is showing some weirdness in the top right when loading Citi pages.  I cant even load into my account.  Instead of clearing cookies, I used the opportunity to finally switch away from chrome,  Brave rules!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.