cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi will not leave me alone....................

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi will not leave me alone....................

@Open123 wrote:

Nothing compelling?  Smiley Very Happy

Would you take a HP for a CLI on Discover?

I'm not taking a HP for anything until January 2015. 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 47
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Nothing compelling?  Smiley Very Happy

Would you take a HP for a CLI on Discover?

I'm not taking a HP for anything until January 2015. 

Way to go!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 32 of 47
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Citi is nothing if not persistent - they've sent me the app for the Simplicity card and the Thank You card almost on a weekly schedule. I only want the Preferred though!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 33 of 47
Affalterbach
Established Member

I've gotten more diamond preffered pre-select letters then I can count. Been going on for around 6 months ever since my last little spree. Funny thing is the offers have gotten worse with time! Started at like 11.9% and now I get 18.99%. They're mad I've been ignoring their advances I guess? Lol 

I'm actually probably going to go for a Citi card next spree in August. Just waiting for a big judgement for medical bills to fall off my TU report next month sometime so I have a perfectly clean slate on all 3 reports. 

Started - Under 500's due to medical bills
Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
Goal - 800+ across the board
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 34 of 47
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Oh Citi loves me too. If I don't get a bill in my mailbox, there's a blue envelope from citi.

This month they are pushing the 0% intro apr for 21 months on bal trans and purchases, then 11.99% variable apr. 

But that apr will vary with the market based on the prime rate.Dont know, if I like that so much.

But I may use it for the 21months 0%, I have some car repair debt on another CC, that just ran out the 0% intro time.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 35 of 47
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

They send my wife quite a few invites - she already has the Diamond Preferred.

I never get anything from them.  Smiley Mad

LOL - my wife just got another offer yesterday! Thsi time it was for the Thank You Preferred.  Smiley Very Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 36 of 47
Simply827
Established Contributor

@Affalterbach wrote:

I've gotten more diamond preffered pre-select letters then I can count. Been going on for around 6 months ever since my last little spree. Funny thing is the offers have gotten worse with time! Started at like 11.9% and now I get 18.99%. They're mad I've been ignoring their advances I guess? Lol 

I'm actually probably going to go for a Citi card next spree in August. Just waiting for a big judgement for medical bills to fall off my TU report next month sometime so I have a perfectly clean slate on all 3 reports. 

Same thing happened to me lol. The bonus offers for the TY went from $400 (I think, but I couldn't find it) to $350 to $100 to none. Also the APRs kept rising.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 37 of 47
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Get them constantly.  In fact, they're one of my shredder's favorite flavors.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 38 of 47
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Every week I got some kind of offer from them. Smiley Mad

I have no interest in new accounts but you keep swinging a steak over a lion eventually they're gonna bite!!!!

UGH!! Smiley Very Happy

Like Shogun mentioned. It's food for the shredder.  Remember, your shredder gets hungry too.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 39 of 47
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:

Chase is the same way with me, I apped for CSP and approved, they send out freedom offers, I just got approved for freedom now they are sending slate offers! lol

Perhaps they have a Pokemon mentality.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.