cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi won't let me move credit limits on card nos., can anyone pls PM me a # where you were able to?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi won't let me move credit limits on card nos., can anyone pls PM me a # where you were able

I would send some emails out just put it in writing honestly what you want to do, how you would use a certain card more if it had more room.
Message 11 of 18
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi won't let me move credit limits on card nos., can anyone pls PM me a # where you were able

@Discover2016 wrote:

That is unfortunate, why can't Citi be like Chase when it comes to moving limits. 

On the other hand, Chase doesn't usually do user-initiated SP CLIs. Citi does. Every issuer's got their own quirks.

Message 12 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the challenges, hopefully it works out.

What cards are involved and which limit amounts are you trying to move?

Thanks, ideally I was trying to move $4.5k from my Simplicity card and $4.4k from one of my 2 DP cards, to my my DC.  The Simplicity and DP cards both have $0 balances, and so I was hoping to over the limits to the DC, closing out the other 2 cards

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Update:  I called the non-800 EO number, but they did not want to appear to help much unfortunately, instead they advised me to contact the customer service number directly on the back of my card.  They did take my phone info though and said that I may get a callback, I guess we'll see how it goes...  Smiley Indifferent

If Citi remains unopen and unwilling to transfer limits, I may just start closing out the cards that are no longer  needed, and keep trying to grow limits on the others that I want to keep.  Tbh, I'm a little surprised that Citi appears to be so hard-line about not being able to accommodate these kinds of requests -- for FNBO and BoA, arranging the same kind of request was a breeze...

Citibank used to be awesome about 15 years ago or so. Now, I can't really stand them. Others have great luck getting APR's lowered or moving credit lines around and for others it takes an act of Congress to get anything done. I wonder if it is because you are trying to transfer the credit line from a Simplicity card. I know they don't allow PCs from it, so maybe this is also true with their credit lines. 

Message 14 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Update:  after talking to a Citi cc manager 2 days ago, I was able to get my DC CL increased to a new total of $15,820.00, by successfully reallocating about $7k from my Simplicity and one of my 2 DPR cards to the DC  Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Update:  after talking to a Citi cc manager 2 days ago, I was able to get my DC CL increased to a new total of $15,820.00, by successfully reallocating about $7k from my Simplicity and one of my 2 DPR cards to the DC  Smiley Happy 

Look at you not giving up! Congrats!

Message 16 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go Galahad!! Just hope you dont OCD on that limitSmiley Wink. But what a limit 2 have my friendSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Many thanks to everyone for the kind words, I deeply appreciate the very generous compliments!  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.