Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiBank American Airlines 50,000 Miles Offer – No 24 Month Language

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CitiBank American Airlines 50,000 Miles Offer – No 24 Month Language

Here's my data point on the LATEST Citi AAdvantage 50K Miles Offer - POSSIBLY No 24 month language

1. Instant approval which I was very surprised with.

2. IT DID NOT SAY on the application page about the 24 month exclusion on the sign up bonus, but, IT DID NOT SAY EITHER that I would get it on the approval page. I guess we will see after meeting the $3K spend in 3 months.

3. Citi is very unpredictable. I never had any luck with them after my first AAdvantage Platinum Select. But it seems the more cards I got after, which most say or I'm sure research show, flags as very high risk for defaulting.

4, I don't think they use FICO 8 scoring model. My EQ score is lower on the approval page.

5. Oldest account: 1 yr, 10 months; Newest account: 1 month; Average length of credit : 8 months. UTI ratio: 0%

CitiAAdvantageApproval_1.PNGCitiAAdvantageApproval_2.PNGCitiAAdvantageApproval_3.PNG

CitiAAdvantageApproval_4.PNGCardsList_1.PNGCardsList_2.PNG

Message 11 of 19
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's my data point on the LATEST Citi AAdvantage 50K Miles Offer - POSSIBLY No 24 month language

1. Instant approval which I was very surprised with.

2. IT DID NOT SAY on the application page about the 24 month exclusion on the sign up bonus, but, IT DID NOT SAY EITHER that I would get it on the approval page. I guess we will see after meeting the $3K spend in 3 months.

3. Citi is very unpredictable. I never had any luck with them after my first AAdvantage Platinum Select. But it seems the more cards I got after, which most say or I'm sure research show, flags as very high risk for defaulting.

4, I don't think they use FICO 8 scoring model. My EQ score is lower on the approval page.

5. Oldest account: 1 yr, 10 months; Newest account: 1 month; Average length of credit : 8 months. UTI ratio: 0%

CitiAAdvantageApproval_1.PNGCitiAAdvantageApproval_2.PNGCitiAAdvantageApproval_3.PNG

CitiAAdvantageApproval_4.PNGCardsList_1.PNGCardsList_2.PNG

Yeah there's no guarantee on the bonus from this link if you have opened or closed Citi AA the past 2 years. Definitely some risk in this. Please check your approval letter and bonus tracker online after you receive your card and report back if you can.

However, I am impressed with your instant approval! Congrats!! How many inquiries and new accounts you have for the past 6 months including this Citi app and how many for the past year? I think I may have a better profile than yours with better score with instant denial... Smiley Sad   Maybe Citi just likes you more, lol

Message 12 of 19
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am not trying to troll here at all but since AA devaluation , are AA miles still valuable? For the risk of not getting 50k miles I don't think its honestly worth it if you aren't 100 %guaranteed to get miles.

Well, ThePointsGuy values AA miles at 1.5cent each mile on his December mile valuation. Not saying it's accurate or not... Honestly, someone should probably look up what a bonus offer can do for them before deciding whether or not to apply for any card.

Google "Travelisfree." This blogger talks about how to use some airline miles. There are also other resources out there if you research it more.

Message 13 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am not trying to troll here at all but since AA devaluation , are AA miles still valuable? For the risk of not getting 50k miles I don't think its honestly worth it if you aren't 100 %guaranteed to get miles.

I think TPG is slightly over valuing AA miles. For many of the premium cabin sAAver awards, there's a split cabin involved (and usually on the less desirable segment). If the days of 100k offers were still around it would be more tolerable, but I think you have a legitimate point. 

Message 14 of 19
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Some of my travel is opportunistic (and on short notice) so I've become a fan of Delta. I'm okay flying at weird times, and like avoiding AA's late-booking award fee.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

Yeah there's no guarantee on the bonus from this link if you have opened or closed Citi AA the past 2 years. Definitely some risk in this. Please check your approval letter and bonus tracker online after you receive your card and report back if you can.

However, I am impressed with your instant approval! Congrats!! How many inquiries and new accounts you have for the past 6 months including this Citi app and how many for the past year? I think I may have a better profile than yours with better score with instant denial... Smiley Sad   Maybe Citi just likes you more, lol

Yeah, I will report back if the bonus tracker will show up.

I know. It was very surprised to see an instant approval especially with Citi AND with my inquiries and new accounts. That's 19 new accts in 8 mos, and 23 in almost 2 years.

My latest myFICO8 Scores:

myFICO8_12_29_2016.png

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I think TPG is slightly over valuing AA miles. For many of the premium cabin sAAver awards, there's a split cabin involved (and usually on the less desirable segment). If the days of 100k offers were still around it would be more tolerable, but I think you have a legitimate point. 

I tend to disagree.  If you're flexible in dates I can still get over 2 cents/mile on domestic business/first from D.C. to Las Vegas for example and for an international first class I can get over 7 cents per miles.  Not hard at all to get 1.5 cents per mile.

Message 17 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

OK I guess there is still value there but I guess I was/am disappointed in AA because of their devlaue. no more easy way to fly Cathay first like I did earlier in the year.

Also I am one that's quite frugal about their HP,so the risk of not getting 50 k would really make me rethink about apping for that card.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my 2nd Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Card. I think the 50K sign up is a go !!!

Screenshot 2017-01-05 10.09.43.png

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.