Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CitiBank products.. ASK AWAY

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Re: CitiBank products.. ASK AWAY

No new cards but maybe some new cobranded cards and yes you answered your question about the thank you points.

*note to people who. Wants to open citi checking accounts, thank you points r being offered as well....( EX you get X points for doing direct deposit, bill pay, and having different account tier changes the amount u can get per month)

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 21 of 34
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Any plans for the Diamond Preferred MC, to offer more benefits?  Great BT card, is available with the EMV chip, but that's about it.

Also, just to clarify...the Prestige --  is it being restructured, or is it going away altogether? 

Message 22 of 34
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

-Thom02099

No. Not right now

The BT card they are focusing in now is just the simplicity ( but with no rewards) Smiley Happy

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 23 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
Thanks for the info!

Saved me an inquiry! I was planning to apply for the citi prestige next month, but maybe not anymore now.

When will the changes start to roll out for the prestige card?

+1

Thanks for sharing some good info JaeJae.  Glad I withheld from getting the Prestige as well.  I'm sure that with shifting business and revenue strategies, some programs were only bound to last for so long... I remember the Citi Chairman's AMEX a while back...

Message 24 of 34
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Great Infos jaejae! Thanks to u n dgf! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 25 of 34
sjt
Senior Contributor

Hi-

Here are my questions:

1. How much influence does a branch manager/banker have on getting a card approved, especially if your a Citigold Client.
  2. What would you suggest to someone on getting off the "blacklist."
  3. Do you know the general criteria for getting approved for the secured card?
  4. Chase just did away with Foreign Transaction Fee for their basic United Miliage Plus Cards, will Citi follow with their Aavantage cards?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 26 of 34
Zanarov
Valued Member

I currently have a Citi Div Select Student (MC) and was wondering if the student cards are eligible for upgrade to world elite MC? Also are there any specific requirments they like to see such as limits, age, income ect.

Thanks!

Message 27 of 34
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Zanarov wrote:

I currently have a Citi Div Select Student (MC) and was wondering if the student cards are eligible for upgrade to world elite MC? Also are there any specific requirments they like to see such as limits, age, income ect.

Thanks!

I know I am not the op but I am pretty positive that won't be possible.

Message 28 of 34
plasticcards
New Contributor

I just got approved for the Citi Thank you card. I was wondering If I apply for the Citi Divident will I get approved or will I get denied automatically since I just got a card? I have a Citi Gold account check and savings does that help? and you recommend applying online or inside the branch? thanks Smiley Happy 

Message 29 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
To answer it question -longtimelurker

- for the 5x everyday spending on the TY, some branches may still offer it but its only for X amount of months before you get converted to 2x on restaurants /entertainment and 1x on all others.

- for the prestige there is big changes to it( not very good news) but since the letter of changes hasn't fully been reach to all customers yet most people won't know the changes yet. Currently all branch employees Are required to attend "classes" to discuss the changes being implemented to the prestige so it can be applied it to the branch.

*some information I can breifly tell you is that the prestige won't be prestige anymore( just in the context definition of prestige since you will be losing the good benefits of the card)

* one change is that you will lose the free airline companion pass and the $200 statement credit

But u will only get 1% annual dividend in spend instead.

Currently you still have the original benefits till this end of this year, and by early next year the changes will be fully implemented.

This is all I can say about this so far, but note that there is some more changes to the prestige that I can't really say right now.

Thanks very much!  As you say, doesn't sound like good news.  So they are nerfing the Premier and the Prestige, leaving that  type of space to Chase and Amex.  Hope the AA cards are safe!

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.