Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Dividend Platinum Select -- Should I bother

tag
gmanuel71
Valued Member

Citibank Dividend Platinum Select -- Should I bother

I just  received  an "invitation to apply" for a Dividend Platinum Select card in the mail yesterday.   I am tempted because I like Cash Back rewards described the the letter , but I had a Citibank chargeoff in late 2004/early 2005 so I am assuming I will be denied.   Has anyone gotten approved by Citibank lately with a five year old chargeoff.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank Dividend Platinum Select -- Should I bother

hi gmanuel - i'd probably pass on this.  my co worker applied a couple of months ago and was denied for a previous HSBC charge off that is around five years old and is non citibank. Interestingly enough, I too recieved the pre approval in the mail and I'm opted out (verified again) so I'm not sure how or why I even got the letter (maybe b/c i have macy's and bloomingdales, idk...i'd wait until the co drops, and then give it whirl. good luck to you!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Just recently go denied with a 3 year old CO with CITI. .

Message 3 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

i got 2 pre-approvals, applied, & got denied for a chargeoff that is over 6 years old.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this harder to get than the forward?

Message 5 of 7
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't bother, they raised my rates on my cards. A year later I finish paying off and find one of my accounts closed. I quickly beat them to the punch and closed the other one first. I send the pay off a few days after the first......

Citibank customer service is terrible, took 5 phone calls just to close out my bank accounts.

Message 6 of 7
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Which is a better card? Dividend Platinum Select or Diamond Preferred Rewards?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.