Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Mailers for CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank Mailers for CLI

Earlier this month, I hit the luv button whe i saw the message that I’m eligible for a CLI. Denied and cited a score from Jan. Today, I received a letter saying “We want to say thanks with an opportunity to increase your limit. We’re thrilled to let you know that you’re part of a select group invited to request a CLI as our way of showing you our appreciation”. Blah blah

Does this mean anything at all? The score in December was dismal but I’m back to 712 Experian, 725 Equifax and 718 TU. Should I ask for a CLI?

Amex SPG just gave me an auto CLI from $2-3K the other day. I don’t know if that precludes me from asking for CLI again next month.

My last CLI from Citi was over a yr ago and haven’t had a CLI from AMEX since Feb 2018.

I’m just waiting for my score to update. All cards reporting a 0 balance except for SPG at $1.99. My total CL is $16,500. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Mailers for CLI

COngrats on CLi !!!

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Earlier this month, I hit the luv button whe i saw the message that I’m eligible for a CLI. Denied and cited a score from Jan. Today, I received a letter saying “We want to say thanks with an opportunity to increase your limit. We’re thrilled to let you know that you’re part of a select group invited to request a CLI as our way of showing you our appreciation”. Blah blah

Does this mean anything at all? The score in December was dismal but I’m back to 712 Experian, 725 Equifax and 718 TU. Should I ask for a CLI?

Amex SPG just gave me an auto CLI from $2-3K the other day. I don’t know if that precludes me from asking for CLI again next month.

My last CLI from Citi was over a yr ago and haven’t had a CLI from AMEX since Feb 2018.

I’m just waiting for my score to update. All cards reporting a 0 balance except for SPG at $1.99. My total CL is $16,500. Thanks in advance.

With AMEX its one CLI across all cards in 180 days AFAI remember. I have also moved this to CCs for info on Citi

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the 180 days does not include auto CLI’s for AMEX? Also, do those CLI invite mailers from Citibank mean anything? Thank you.
Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Anything is possible. The good thing is you can try again with Citi and they will let you know if its sp or hp. If you get auto luv from Amex and are eligble for cli increase, you can do so so long as you havent gotten a user requested cli within last 6 months.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I’m going to wait until my scores update to ask for CLI from both. Citi seems to be 2 cycles behind.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.