cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Simplicity Card Recon Question(s)

tag
SayIATAnything

Citibank Simplicity Card Recon Question(s)

Hi, I applied for a Simplicity card recently and was denied. when I called for reconsideration I was told I was delined because I had no revolving credit because I had paid everything off recently with a tex refund, she said I could send in an updated credit report for reconsideration my questions are

1. If I mad the puchase I planned on this weekend (roughly $600) and send the new report, would that probably be all I need to be approved?

and

2. The lady gave me an e-mail address to send the new credit report info, but I heard sending by mail to citibank for recon works better/more often, which method should I use when sending the new report

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citibank Simplicity Card Recon Question(s)

@SayIATAnything wrote:

Hi, I applied for a Simplicity card recently and was denied. when I called for reconsideration I was told I was delined because I had no revolving credit because I had paid everything off recently with a tex refund, she said I could send in an updated credit report for reconsideration my questions are

1. If I mad the puchase I planned on this weekend (roughly $600) and send the new report, would that probably be all I need to be approved?

and

2. The lady gave me an e-mail address to send the new credit report info, but I heard sending by mail to citibank for recon works better/more often, which method should I use when sending the new report

Thank you

Welcome to the forum

The answer to question #1 is NO 

If you make a purchase today it will not show up on your CR until your statement cuts and is reported to the CB's

Have you pulled your CR's to see whats being reported? How many cards do you have and how long have you had them?

Sounds to me from your post you have no reported balances on your CR either from paying off A.S.A.P. and keeping them all at zero.

Need more info to help

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
SayIATAnything

I have the following cards

Capital One Platnum (opened '05) - $1500 Limit - haven't used in at least 6 years

Credit First NA (Firestone CCard) - Not sure of limit, paid off in 2009

PNC Bank Card (opened '07) - i believe $2000 Limit - never used

Citibank Sears Card (Opened '08) - $2600 Limit - Used in past year/year and a half, had balance transferred (to WF)

Wells Fargo Card (opened '12) $5000 Limit - Paid off in March with tax return (current'y has -$38 balance)

So if the reason was no revolving credit because I have no balances and I am actually making a $600 purchase on my Wells Fargo this weekend, what do I need to do before I send in for recon?

Message 3 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

The purchase on Wells Fargo will not be reflected until the statement cuts. You can just submit in your CR but be prepared that citi will do at least 1 more inquiry on their own. There have been people who got pulled 2-4 times just to recon a citi app, and its still somewhat a crapshoot despite all those pulls.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SayIATAnything wrote:

I have the following cards

Capital One Platnum (opened '05) - $1500 balance - haven't used in at least 6 years Always use your cards even if it's every 4 months

Credit First NA (Firestone CCard) - Not sure of limit, paid off in 2009

PNC Bank Card (opened '07) - i believe $2000 balance - never used same as above

Citibank Sears Card (Opened '08) - $2600 Balance - Used in past year/year and a half, had balance transferred (to WF) This should show on CR...good

Wells Fargo Card (opened '12) $5000 Limit - Paid off in March with tax return (current'y has -$38 balance) This should show on CR...good

So if the reason was no revolving credit because I have no balances and I am actually making a $600 purchase on my Wells Fargo this weekend, what do I need to do before I send in for recon? They should have been able to see those 2 accounts 

Pull your CR and make sure they are showing if not call lenders and ask them to update CR's 

As far as the 600.00 you plan on spending should your statement close in the next 7-10 it would help after it reports 

You actually look pretty good you have a good AAoA not sure were UTL is but they should have at least seen the 2 accounts with balances.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
SayIATAnything

sorry when I first sent that reply I miswrote balanace instead of limit, and went back and fixed it, so all my cards are currenlty at a zero balance, and one has a negative balance

I'm just trying to see whether it will be worth it after I make that purchase and let it hit my CR, to then send them my update CR for recon, esp. because the previous person said that they might pull me CR themselves anywhere from 1-4 times, and I'm not looking to kill my credit score

Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

If you really want and/or need this card, might as well recon. They might possibly pull a dew more inquiries, but the damage inquiries can do are not that big either, as long as you are not planning to apply for anything else in the near future.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

rather then a new card why not use the cards you have.  are you even sure all the cards that you haven't used in 3-4 years are even active.  CC companies will close the account if you don't use them.  if they have been closed then the credit lines aren't helping you other then for AAOA.

just an observance...

speaking of which i haven't used my vs in 3 months time to go use it for something small.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.