Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank pissed me oFF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank pissed me oFF

Yeah they pulled Equifax and i pull my credit report and score from Equifax and it says 733 and in VERY GOOD categories..The inquiries in my CR is killing me..But it shouldn't be a major factor in making decision.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCard101,

From my experience with CITI, your approval many times depends on the card you apply for.  For example, you have better chance being approved for the basic Diamond Preferred than the Platinum Select, Elite Pass, or co-branded (HHonors, Amex).  When first applying, and if you don't have a long payment history with high CLs, apply for their basic cards (i.e. Diamond Preferred, Forward).  After a reasonable payment history with those cards, CITI is more than willing to transfer your card to a different one, if you so desire

Message 12 of 21
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Platinum Select is an elite Citi card? In what way?
Message 13 of 21
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
The previous poster was probably referring to the Premier Pass Elite.

However, although I didn't even realize that the Dividend Mastercard was still offered, the Platinum Select cards have historically been a little harder to get than the Diamond Preferred cards.
Message 14 of 21
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Perhaps you missed the (,) between the words "select" and "elite".

CI

@smallfry wrote:

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry,

CITI classifies the Diamond Preferred the way other CCCs might classify a Gold card.  The point is that Platinum Select is higher up the food chain (better rates, better rewards, higher CL), thus more "select" (as the card states).  

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would a person knows which card is easier for approval or not? There is no way to tell...

However I did apply for the Platinum Dividend Select Mastercard. Now when i resubmitted my application again on June 2nd on Tuesday. They didn't need pull a new credit report { I haven't seen any inquiries on my CR yet}, however it did show a new report is being generated with new update information. And they deny me this time for having too many inquiries, and so I request for a reconsideration. So they ask me to mail/fax in a hardcopy of my new report to re-evualate the application.So I dont really know if they actually see my new credit report or not but I'm going to mail in my new update credit report for them to prove that all the errors have been removed and my credit report are fresh and clean.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on the recon.  If you have trouble discussing your concerns with a CSR, don't hesitate to request to speak with a credit manager.  More discretion and understanding at that level.

The way to discern the "easier" approval cards is to navigate their web site.  CITI offers 31 cards.  On their web site, you can check terms and conditions for each card.  Normally, rewards and co-branded cards (HHonors, Amex) are more difficult.  CITI will tell you the minimum credit issued for each card ($500.00/$1000.00/$2000.00).  The cards with the lowest minimum credit amounts generally would be more prudent for someone without excellent credit history to apply. 

CITI has different telephone number for most of their cards.  I've called a CSR on specific cards to inquire about any specific requirements.  For the most part, they are very helpful.  I've eliminated prospective cards through this process. (i.e HHonors requires a minimum of 9 satisfactory tradelines with significant history)

Message 18 of 21
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

smallfry,

CITI classifies the Diamond Preferred the way other CCCs might classify a Gold card.  The point is that Platinum Select is higher up the food chain (better rates, better rewards, higher CL), thus more "select" (as the card states).  

First card I ever got from Citi was the Platinum Select. I've gotten approvals for Pro, Select and Diamond Preferred and I wouldn't give you a nickel for any of 'em.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.whogavemecredit.com/ try and use that link.   hopefully it will help
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.