Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank "Use Points for Online Bill Payments"

tag
Trivolve
Contributor

Citibank "Use Points for Online Bill Payments"

Signed into my Citibank to see instead of "Use Points for Online Bill Payments", seems like it requires a linked checking account but it allows to pay other CC bills using Thankyou points. 

Seems like a much better rate than Amazon (0.8c/pt) or the old "Select charges to credit" option (0.75c/pt), I had 1 Thankyou point left and I could pay a CC bill with $0.01 so it seems like Thankyou points might finally have a good return ($0.01/pt) using this method.

[Total CL: $97K] Citi Forward, BoA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX Hilton Hhonors, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus, AMEX Platinum, Chase IHG
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Re: Citibank "Use Points for Online Bill Payments"

@Trivolve wrote:

Signed into my Citibank to see instead of "Use Points for Online Bill Payments", seems like it requires a linked checking account but it allows to pay other CC bills using Thankyou points. 

Seems like a much better rate than Amazon (0.8c/pt) or the old "Select charges to credit" option (0.75c/pt), I had 1 Thankyou point left and I could pay a CC bill with $0.01 so it seems like Thankyou points might finally have a good return ($0.01/pt) using this method.

I just tried this in my account... 1092 points comes to $7.10 for me, which is 0.6502c/pt. So I suspect your .01 was rounded to the nearest cent from $0.006. It may actually be the worst value option for the points, from what I remember. 

If I enter $1 it says 153 points. $10 is 1538. $100 is 15384. So it seems to be approaching 0.650/pt as the numbers increase (and the rounding errors decrease). 

Sorry to spoil the deal... 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.