Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank secured credit card

tag
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

Citibank secured credit card

Does anyone know the minimum fico for the Citibank secured credit card? How long does it take from application until you received a decision?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Citibank secured credit card

Look elsewhere if you have baddies on your CR. This card is for consumers who have limited history and want to build credit history rather than rebuild.
Message 2 of 13
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

A year ago I was at about 580 and got a WF secured CC. Six months ago I was around 650 FICO when I first got a Citi secured. I had several utility CAs and a tax lien that were about 3 years old but clean in the last 2 years. Also no bk as I've heard they really don't like a bk on the file. I love the interest rate on the CD. Best deal anywhere.I just broke 700 and now have a pre-approve for a Discover More with great rates. Before that the best offer I got was Premiere with about $260 in front end fees for a 300 line. Yuck.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 3 of 13
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I applied for a WF secured card last Friday, but still haven't heard a decision. I guess that's a good thing I haven't been declined yet. Still waiting for Citibank decision. They took their money out on 2/23. The only card I have so far is Orchard. Was just turned down for NASA FCU. Will try Navy FCU next as I heard they are BK friendly. I'm looking 3-4 cards to build my credit. Will post when I hear back from everyone.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied for the Citibank secured, took over a week for them to get back to me, and a week after that to return my funds for the secured deposit. I only have one cc open boa, no baddies in 4yrs. It would be great if Citi gave a response as quickly as they withdrew the funds.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still don't understand that they can deny you a CD.  Anyone?????  At over 4% it is a good rollover it would seem.

Do you mean you need good credit to put your own money up.

Message 6 of 13
emartin82
Regular Contributor

that really sucks. if you got denied with bad accounts four years ago then i dont stand a chance. another wasted inquiry.
Message 7 of 13
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

I just got turned down by WF for their secured card because of my BK discharged 4/08. Citibank said I should have a final decision on Friday. Not holding my breath though. I'm trying credit unions exclusively from now on so I'm not wasting hard inquiries.
Message 8 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

shouldn't they approve you before they start picking your pockets????
Message 9 of 13
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

You would think so. Citibank takes their money out in 1 day, and I heard it takes a week to get it back if they turn you down. Interesting how they can ACH your account in 1 day, but they can't refund your money by ACH.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.