Citizen Bank MC 5% unlimited through march 2020

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citizen Bank MC 5% unlimited through march 2020

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Highest limit on card is 25k.  Back before i had business cards and when traveling i put alot of company expenses on personal card no where to the level mentioned in this thread, but airline tickets, hotels, etc.

Its conceivable, with a 25K line, and without idle days, to squeeze out 1.2M spend in 5 months.  Assuming you can make 10 payments a month.

Given their past history I don't foresee many people getting more than a $10K SL, and one is not eligible for a CLI until at least 9 months with the card.

Still, I think Citizens is about to be reminded that it's often better to learn from others mistakes than your own.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Highest limit on card is 25k.  Back before i had business cards and when traveling i put alot of company expenses on personal card no where to the level mentioned in this thread, but airline tickets, hotels, etc.

Its conceivable, with a 25K line, and without idle days, to squeeze out 1.2M spend in 5 months.  Assuming you can make 10 payments a month.

Given their past history I don't foresee many people getting more than a $10K SL, and one is not eligible for a CLI until at least 9 months with the card.

Still, I think Citizens is about to be reminded that it's often better to learn from others mistakes than your own.

Not sure what an applicant with a 400K annual income with excellent credit might end up with regarding a CL. 

Message 22 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Not sure what an applicant with a 400K annual income with excellent credit might end up with regarding a CL. 

mahraja with higher than that got 21700 initially then up to the cap after allowed

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

mahraja with higher than that got 21700 initially then up to the cap after allowed

Even with that line, you could max it out, pay it off, max it out again, etc several times each billing cycle and rack up some pretty impressive 5% rewards by March 31st.

Message 24 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Even with that line, you could max it out, pay it off, max it out again, etc several times each billing cycle and rack up some pretty impressive 5% rewards by March 31st.

Agree although people with his income level persay don't really need the cash they are here just for fun and not after rewards persay or sign-up bonuses.  Kinda like people that have the centurion card they can really care less about rewards, etc.

Message 25 of 32
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Do they run this 5% or 10% special yearly?

I ask because my credit is not in the best shape with high utilization that I'll pay down by the middle of next year. I would like my new accounts to age, but REALLY would like to have this 5% on everything...even if it's a later time.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Agree although people with his income level persay don't really need the cash they are here just for fun and not after rewards persay or sign-up bonuses.  Kinda like people that have the centurion card they can really care less about rewards, etc.

True. And there are some really tight millionaires out there too.

Message 27 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Banks have levers to slow things down if necessary (and if they are techincally astute enough!).   Wells Fargo has a card that gives 5% on everyday spending (gas/groceries/drug stores, the latter two being the Holy Grail for MS) for 6 months.   It's now capped at something like $12.5K spend, but it used to be uncapped.    Many "active" users would find very long delays between payment and available credit being restored.  (I think there are rules about crediting the account, so banks can't sit on that and generate late fees, but not on restoration of credit limit, which they are free to change anyway).

So you may only have the whole CL say 3 times a month, which would still be a lot of rewards, but not overwhelming...

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Banks have levers to slow things down if necessary (and if they are techincally astute enough!).   Wells Fargo has a card that gives 5% on everyday spending (gas/groceries/drug stores, the latter two being the Holy Grail for MS) for 6 months.   It's now capped at something like $12.5K spend, but it used to be uncapped.    Many "active" users would find very long delays between payment and available credit being restored.  (I think there are rules about crediting the account, so banks can't sit on that and generate late fees, but not on restoration of credit limit, which they are free to change anyway).

So you may only have the whole CL say 3 times a month, which would still be a lot of rewards, but not overwhelming...

Wonder how much they can slow me down if I walked into a Citizens branch with cash and said please apply this to my credit card account balance lol.

Message 29 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonder how much they can slow me down if I walked into a Citizens branch with cash and said please apply this to my credit card account balance lol.

They would credit you immediately, so you no longer owe anything.   But they don't have to restore your available credit (AFAIK)

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.