Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Bank Info

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Citizens Bank Info

Does anyone have any experience with Citizens bank? Do they have a good and easy website to use? I will be moved over to them next year due to HSBC not going to service me anymore. I have the basics Cheques and savings account with a Credit card and Personal LOC. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citizens Bank Info

It's..OK.   Over time they've improved both the online and mobile app particularly with ability and ease of use of performing some of the credit card functions.   One minor nuisance off the top of my head is that you have to manually add and save other Citizens accounts as options to the CC's Pay feature, although just a simple transfer from checking/savings to the CC also works.

I guess to put things in perspective the UI is better than what I've experienced from most credit unions and also better than the US Bank website.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 17
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

It's..OK.   Over time they've improved both the online and mobile app particularly with ability and ease of use of performing some of the credit card functions.   One minor nuisance off the top of my head is that you have to manually add and save other Citizens accounts as options to the CC's Pay feature, although just a simple transfer from checking/savings to the CC also works.

I guess to put things in perspective the UI is better than what I've experienced from most credit unions and also better than the US Bank website.

Thanks for the info. HSBC is the same way for credit card and LOC payments too, you have to manually add it to pay from the same banks account.

Message 3 of 17
trant3
Established Contributor

I have citizens checking and CC but theyre not my primary bank, thankfully. Their UI sucks, although has gotten better. You cannot pay a citizens credit card on their app with an external checking, although its 2021 now. The credit card account is managed on a seperate website than the main citizen's website.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

You cannot pay a citizens credit card on their app with an external checking

That's not correct.  When you bring up the CC screen and select "Pay" and "Pay From" select "Manage Other Accounts" then "Add Account". After you've done that the Pay From page will list the account under "Other Accounts".

You have to follow the same process if you want to add your Citizens checking account but its easier to just use the mobile app's Transfer function.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 17
blackfines1
Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

I have citizens checking and CC but theyre not my primary bank, thankfully. Their UI sucks, although has gotten better. You cannot pay a citizens credit card on their app with an external checking, although its 2021 now. The credit card account is managed on a seperate website than the main citizen's website.

not true @trant3, I can pay my citizen business card through online

Message 6 of 17
flash3
Established Member

The Citizens Bank website is easy to use and navigate, never had any problems before.  Also, if you apply for a new Citizens card now they are giving you 5% cashback on everything for one year, which can be used at Walmart, etc.  They approved me even though I was over 5/24.

Message 7 of 17
JFox418
Regular Contributor

I have them for personal checking and savings and also business checking and have been happy with those. I've never had them for a CC but plan to app for their biz card in the next week or so. I had a car loan through them too and no issues. 

When I log in I can manage all my accounts through the mobile app no problem.

@flash3 wrote:

The Citizens Bank website is easy to use and navigate, never had any problems before.  Also, if you apply for a new Citizens card now they are giving you 5% cashback on everything for one year, which can be used at Walmart, etc.  They approved me even though I was over 5/24.

Is that a HP or SP? I'm applying for their business card since it's a SP on personal.

Message 8 of 17
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Citizens bank? Do they have a good and easy website to use? I will be moved over to them next year due to HSBC not going to service me anymore. I have the basics Cheques and savings account with a Credit card and Personal LOC. 

I like them. I took advantage of one of their Cash Back of you open a checking account promos about a year ago and to avoid fees any monthly deposit keeps the account fee free. So I just send some $$ there each pay period to keep that going, added a few bills to use their bill pay, and all has been going well. I find their website to be easy to navigate.

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JFox418 wrote:

I have them for personal checking and savings and also business checking and have been happy with those. I've never had them for a CC but plan to app for their biz card in the next week or so. I had a car loan through them too and no issues. 

When I log in I can manage all my accounts through the mobile app no problem.

@flash3 wrote:

Is that a HP or SP? I'm applying for their business card since it's a SP on personal.

@JFox418 - any business-related products/topics need to be discussed in the Business Credit section of the forums. There are a variety of Citizens Bank discussions in that section.

As far as applying for a personal CC with Citizens, it's HP on EQ (unless you receive a pre-approved offer online or in a branch which can be SP in most cases).

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.