Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Cash Back + card

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Citizens Cash Back + card

I got a pre qualified mailer from Citizens bank today for the Cash Back +

Spend $500 in 90 days get $150 (I do want another drone)

1.8% unlimited cash back on everything you buy

0% intro APR for the first 15 billing cycles for balance transfers

No annual fee and no ftf fees

zero liability protection

extended warranty protection that doubles manufacture's or store brand warranty for 2 years

master rental insurance for collision, loss or damage 

No firm interest rate 16.24%, 20.24% or 24.24%

Is this just marketing or a good solid offer?

What say the My Fico Gods?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
calisig
Regular Contributor

Re: Citizens Cash Back + card

I think it's a pretty decent cash back card because it returns more than 1.5% AND still retains warranty protection as well as secondary collision. Too bad they nerfed their cell phone protection back in October though. Rewards must be redeemed in $25 increments ...

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 2 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Their prequals are generally pretty solid but not 100%.  In your case it's unclear if your new Chase card would have been reporting yet or not when the soft pull was made that led to the prequal, so it's hard to assess its impact.  They do normally pull from Equifax.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 5
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

There are 2% cards with better intro offers.  Personally, a 2% CB card is the absolute minimum everyday CB I would consider.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 4 of 5
calisig
Regular Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

There are 2% cards with better intro offers.  Personally, a 2% CB card is the absolute minimum everyday CB I would consider.  

I think it depends on what you are going to use the card for in considering one's minimum return card. Maybe the OP wants to use the card for purchases outside of category spend of other cards - but still wants to double the warranty, or use it for (international) car rental insurance, and earn the highest rewards possible. Since no major 2% card I know of offers these benefits, that makes this 1.8% card the highest return major card that I know of for these two areas of spend ...

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.