cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City National Bank Crystal Infinite Visa

Sage512MB
Frequent Contributor

Re: RBS City National Crystal Infinite Visa Card

Just a random question, why is there only a handful of VISA Infinite cards out there? I would think a lot more companies would be wanting these for their top clients. (i.e. a BoA customer going to Chase to get one)
Message 11 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry Dino, this card is for the elite of us haha. @simplynoir may have got this and i know one member with really good $ and profile did too. I wanna say @K-in-Boston but my mind is off right now, need more coffeeSmiley Wink This card wouldnt be FOTM as most of us dont have the patience for writing a dissertation for this ccSmiley Happy

I got the card in May and simplynoir got it last month.  We both have threads in the Approvals forum.

The card as the Visa Infinite perks, but beyond that the card has additional value especially if there are AU.  The $250 travel benefit extends to each AU and there are 2 x Priority Pass Select memberships.  The cardholder can assign 1 or both of those memberships to an AU.

Functionally it's a good card and they did credit the SUB quickly but the website's user interface could use a subtantial overhaul.

The physical application is ~12 pages long, about half is which is informational.  They focus both on income and on liquid assets.

This is not a FOTM card.

(2/2021)
FICO 8 (EX) 808 (TU) 816 (EQ) 809
FICO 9 (EX) 825 (TU) 827 (EQ) 826

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 34
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

Re: City National Crystal Infinite Visa Card

@coldfusion... great write up! Remember faintly a couple of Forum Members being approved but could not find the details. The AU can be a real plus for some folks. If I remember correctly the Bonus will drop to 30,000 points after August 1st 2019?!

Starting Score: 300
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: City National Crystal Infinite Visa Card

@Dinosaur wrote:

@coldfusion... great write up! Remember faintly a couple of Forum Members being approved but could not find the details. The AU can be a real plus for some folks. If I remember correctly the Bonus will drop to 30,000 points after August 1st 2019?!

Thank you.

The drop to 30,000 points is my understanding as well. 

I should clarify 1 point using an example - the cardholder can have 2 AU and assign 1 Priority Pass Select membership to each AU with none for themself. 

(2/2021)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 14 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Sage512MB wrote:
Just a random question, why is there only a handful of VISA Infinite cards out there? I would think a lot more companies would be wanting these for their top clients. (i.e. a BoA customer going to Chase to get one)

Probably because they've concluded that at least for now the cost of implementing and managing such an offering wouldn't provide sufficient business value either for PR purposes or in ability to attract or retain high-value clients to justify the cost.

Chase for example has publicly shared data that the CSR is by itself still not a profitable program.    IIRC even after consolidation to the CSR they still do have 1 other card offering but believe it's only offered to clients with an 8-figure minimum under asset management (I could easily be wrong here).

(2/2021)

$1M+ club

Message 15 of 34
swpopham
Established Contributor

Im going to our property in Nashville, for a week on thankgiving and we will stop by CNB and open an account and pick this card up while we are there. Since it looks like we will PC from citi prestige to DC once the changes take effect.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 16 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The link to click through and apply online is now gone.

(2/2021)

$1M+ club

Message 17 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

Im going to our property in Nashville, for a week on thankgiving and we will stop by CNB and open an account and pick this card up while we are there. Since it looks like we will PC from citi prestige to DC once the changes take effect.

I would suggest you read through the approval threads that simplynoir and I had each posted in the Approvals section so you know what you'll want to bring with you.

You don't need to open up an account with them as a condition of applying for or obtaining the card.

(2/2021)

$1M+ club

Message 18 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry @coldfusion, yeah your post jostled my memory and it was YOUSmiley Wink. Wonder how people walk around with liquid cash🤑
Message 19 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry @coldfusion, yeah your post jostled my memory and it was YOUSmiley Wink. Wonder how people walk around with liquid cash🤑

No harm.  No foul.  No worries. Smiley Happy

I like being just under the radar.

(2/2021)

$1M+ club

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.