Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City National Bank Crystal Infinite Visa

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: RBS City National Crystal Infinite Visa Card

Very fascinating card with great benefits but I'm ultimately not into apping for it IME, because the high AF is a no-go...I think I'll stick with no no-AF FNBO Travelite Amex card for now...

Message 21 of 34
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

What do you think the minimum income requirements for this card are. I’ve read the stuff on all the blogs about having an income of 100K but i’d be very interested in getting the card.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 22 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
What do you think the minimum income requirements for this card are. I’ve read the stuff on all the blogs about having an income of 100K but i’d be very interested in getting the card.

Someone had posted on FT that they were successful with a reported income of $65K but I have no way of knowing if that was a legit data point.

I don't remember seeing any kind of mininum threshold listed on the application.  I've seen the $100K figure kicked around but don't know where the $100K figure originated, or if it is even accuate. .  It could be that they are willing to be more flexible with income requirements if an applicant also has significant assets.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 23 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Usually 100k+ and above is kinda un-offical line, but incomes under as stated have been approved.  They don't just look at income and take assets and other things into consideration as well if below or above 100k said income as not a hard line.

Next month ill probably make a trip down to their branch here in town near my old work and get my paperwork together and put in an application although really this card benefits not a single person like myself, but more-so a family due to priority pass set-up etc.  The bonus is certainly nice and a few other features.

I just hope the CSR doesnt get an AF increase which i suspect will happen sooner than later, but a bit off topic.  

Message 24 of 34
digitek
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Someone had posted on FT that they were successful with a reported income of $65K but I have no way of knowing if that was a legit data point.

I don't remember seeing any kind of mininum threshold listed on the application.  I've seen the $100K figure kicked around but don't know where the $100K figure originated, or if it is even accuate.

I am not sure which blog it was, but they talked to a CNB banker who told them they would need a decent income to be approved and when asked what that was the banker replied, "Income over $100k would be good."  I think that is where the $100k number originally started at and it has been repeated ever since.

This is a strange card.  It has a lot of really useful categories that are almost never found all on the same card - travel, groceries, dining, and gas.  It could potentially replace my Altitude Reserve (travel/perks), Amex Gold (groceries), Uber (dining), and NRA (gas) cards.  The benefit I am most interested in is the $100 credit for booking tickets of 2 or more, which I've always been looking for on a card.

I'm not sure how easy the $250 incidental fee can be used, is it as easy as $50 gift cards from Delta?  I rarely need/want anything from the true 'incidentals' category and would likely have 1 AU.  Not sure if I would get a chance to use this very often, maybe for seat upgrades but the fine print does not mention that...

I am going to Atlanta in mid-August and might give it a go.  Sounds like I'd miss out on 20k points from the SUB being reduced on July 31st, but not a huge deal.  It would replace about half of my cards for only slightly less reward earning.

Thanks for the data points and details on this card, going to think about it for a bit!

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity... can't leave and opportunity on the table? You want to stay up with the Jones? Oh, I mean the Mahraja! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
@CreditCuriosity... can't leave and opportunity on the table? You want to stay up with the Jones? Oh, I mean the Maharaja Smiley Happy

Lol can't leave one of the good bonuses left alone Smiley Tongue.. They are coming harder to come by each day lol.  Interesting card as well although long term viability of it as a single person would be harder to justify over say the CSR or even AR by my dreaded US Bank, but could warm up to them on the "cheaper" af if I could learn to garden.  Might just have to throw some cash into their Checking account one day, but my near term goal is to get the premium rewards from BofA as just opened a checking account with them due to 4k $300 sub offer for direct deposit in about 3 months will apply and collect the premium rewards card 500 sub as that is alot more useful card as can roll over 100k from an old companies 401k to one of their IRA's or the likes and have the best tier status and that would be a very useful and killer card as where you park your money is basically the same imo if they offer similar investments opporutinies and fees.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosityfollow your path and plan! You definitely do your home work and research. Woke me up to options! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 34
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As @coldfusion said already this card is not for the singles among us if you're iffy about it. The earning structure is nice for all the categories it covers with those wanting to limit the amount of cards they have but the real benefit is the 2 PPs and AU incidentals if you have people to add to the card.

If it had just been me and my fiancee I would have been on the fence but with my two sisters I can nab the incidentals and gift the two passes to them so in essence they're almost paying me to keep the card. Add the airline Infinite perk which can be used for RT shorthaul flights to reduce the cost and it seems like a keeper to me even if they raise the AF slightly in the future.

Message 29 of 34
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Can someone PM me a bankers contact info ?
Is applying by email still a possibility ?

The online application died almost as fast as it was posted.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.