Did you mean: 

City National Bank / Crystal credit card review

tag
wdkwang
Contributor

Re: City National Bank / Crystal credit card review

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wdkwang wrote:

To your point, it is definitely something to get accustomed to while you get yourself set up in the beginning (Auto Pay / AUs), however, you get used to it fairly quickly. It also helps in appreciating the UI that other major banks provide Smiley Very Happy

I guess the key thing it to remember to do it!   Consumers Credit Union has a similar process for setting up auto pay.   Since I always set it up on my cards via a website, for some reason I assumed I had there, and after about 15 months, let the non-existent auto-pay take care of a payment, and then incurred interest and late fee!   Purely my mistake (well, also their fault for being clunky!) but sounds like you should do it first think with CNB!

Also, is there any airline transfer of points, or is it all booking through one of their portals.

Thank you for your question. I've updated my original post to include your question and my answer to it. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 34K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 28K | Chase Amazon 25K
Chase IHG 8.5K | Chase Freedom 5K | Chase Sapphire 3K
Bank of America Cash 40K | Bank of America Travel 40K
AMEX Delta Gold 30K | AMEX Everyday 25K | AMEX Delta 13K | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday 2.62K
Citi Rewards Plus 31K | Citi ThankYou Premier 18.7K
PenFed Pathfinder 5K | PenFed Platinum 5K
City National Bank Crystal Visa 15k
TD Cash 14K | Uber Visa 13K | USBank Cash+ 10K
Wells Fargo Cash Wise 6.5K | Discover IT 5.2K
Overstock 13K | Target RedCard 2.5K | Victoria Secret Angel 1K | LOVE LOFT .25K
BP Visa 5K | Walmart MC 3.3K

08/18: TCL 246.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 5.0Y || TU: 820 | EQ: 823 | EX: 815 || INQ - TU: 3 | EQ: 3 | EX: 7
12/18: TCL 386.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 3.1Y || TU: 805 | EQ: 813 | EX: 769 || INQ - TU: 5 | EQ: 4 | EX: 10
11/19: TCL 421.55K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 4.2Y || TU: 818 | EQ: 820 | EX: 794 || INQ - TU: 6 | EQ: 5 | EX: 9
Message 11 of 24
wdkwang
Contributor

@jdbkiang wrote:
Thanks for the fantastic write-up!

As far as proof of income, for someone who is self-employed, what types of proof do you think could be accepted?

Also, what kind of credit history do you have? Recent inquiries or new accounts? Did you feel that was a major factor?

Edit: How does the $550 Airline Lounge Credit work?

Thank you for your question. I've updated my original post to include your question and my answer to it. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

AMEX Delta Gold 30K | AMEX Everyday 25K | AMEX Delta 13K | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday 2.62K

08/18: TCL 246.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 5.0Y || TU: 820 | EQ: 823 | EX: 815 || INQ - TU: 3 | EQ: 3 | EX: 7
12/18: TCL 386.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 3.1Y || TU: 805 | EQ: 813 | EX: 769 || INQ - TU: 5 | EQ: 4 | EX: 10
11/19: TCL 421.55K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 4.2Y || TU: 818 | EQ: 820 | EX: 794 || INQ - TU: 6 | EQ: 5 | EX: 9
Message 12 of 24
wdkwang
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the write-up man, what bureau(s) did they pull for you?

Message 13 of 24
AlpedHuez
Contributor

Did the banker give any hard income figure as to the minimum they want to see from applicants? I definitely don't make triple figures.

Message 14 of 24
wdkwang
Contributor

@AlpedHuez wrote:

Did the banker give any hard income figure as to the minimum they want to see from applicants? I definitely don't make triple figures.

Message 15 of 24
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@wdkwang I see a line through the Crystal Visa card.

Did you have a change of heart or opinion on the card?

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Did you have a change of heart or opiniojn on the card?

The card was very badly nerfed recently.

Message 17 of 24
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Did you have a change of heart or opiniojn on the card?

The card was very badly nerfed recently.

Well that sucks.
I will be in Vegas at Christmas and was gathering up docs for a branch visit

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 18 of 24
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I actually started up an online savings account with them last year just so I had a relationship to get things started in obtaining this card and it has been the most troublesome experience I have ever had with a bank. I couldn't imagine all the hassle of a credit card thorugh them if the experience is anything like I have had with just a savings account! 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 19 of 24
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I might just go for the 1.5 % card just to have a card from another bank in my collection

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.