Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City National Bank / Crystal credit card review

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: City National Bank / Crystal credit card review

My visit to the branch in Las Vegas provided the 1st and only experience I've ever had to where you had to be buzzed in just to get into the bank.    It's not like it is in a bad area either,  Chase has a branch a few hundred feet up across the street.  

IIRC they use the same 12 page application form for the Signature cards as for the Crystal, half of which spells out T&C. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 21 of 24
wdkwang
Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@wdkwang I see a line through the Crystal Visa card.

Did you have a change of heart or opiniojn on the card?

The card was very badly nerfed recently.

@longtimelurker as woddyman100 mentioned, the card was nerfed recently. the primary reason for me and many others to have kept this card was the $1000/year in incidental fees that can be used to purchase 4 $250 American Airline e-gift cards that do not expire. It was nerfed down to $350/year as well as a couple other perks. CNB does not allow downgrades or product changes, so I had to cancel the card. It was a good run while it lasted.

As for the application process, although it is more involved than most others in terms of questions they ask, I was in and out of the branch within 20-30 minutes. The key is to research what documents to bring and what questions to expect.

Chase Sapphire Reserve 34K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 28K | Chase Amazon 25K
Chase IHG 8.5K | Chase Freedom 5K | Chase Sapphire 3K
Bank of America Cash 40K | Bank of America Travel 40K
AMEX Delta Gold 30K | AMEX Everyday 25K | AMEX Delta 13K | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday 2.62K
Citi Rewards Plus 31K | Citi ThankYou Premier 18.7K
PenFed Pathfinder 5K | PenFed Platinum 5K
City National Bank Crystal Visa 15k
TD Cash 14K | Uber Visa 13K | USBank Cash+ 10K
Wells Fargo Cash Wise 6.5K | Discover IT 5.2K
Overstock 13K | Target RedCard 2.5K | Victoria Secret Angel 1K | LOVE LOFT .25K
BP Visa 5K | Walmart MC 3.3K

08/18: TCL 246.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 5.0Y || TU: 820 | EQ: 823 | EX: 815 || INQ - TU: 3 | EQ: 3 | EX: 7
12/18: TCL 386.95K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 3.1Y || TU: 805 | EQ: 813 | EX: 769 || INQ - TU: 5 | EQ: 4 | EX: 10
11/19: TCL 421.55K | AoOA: 18Y | AAoA: 4.2Y || TU: 818 | EQ: 820 | EX: 794 || INQ - TU: 6 | EQ: 5 | EX: 9
Message 22 of 24
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@wdkwang wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@longtimelurker as woddyman100 mentioned, the card was nerfed recently. the primary reason for me and many others to have kept this card was the $1000/year in incidental fees that can be used to purchase 4 $250 American Airline e-gift cards that do not expire. It was nerfed down to $350/year as well as a couple other perks. CNB does not allow downgrades or product changes, so I had to cancel the card. It was a good run while it lasted.

As for the application process, although it is more involved than most others in terms of questions they ask, I was in and out of the branch within 20-30 minutes. The key is to research what documents to bring and what questions to expect.

Thank you both for the info.

i think I'll give it a shot.

my inquiries though........

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 23 of 24
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@wdkwang wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Thank you both for the info.

i think I'll give it a shot.

my inquiries though........

They aren't inquiry-sensitive.   They care about income and assets.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.