cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City Simplicity - Long time to process payments?

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

City Simplicity - Long time to process payments?

Hi All

Simplicity is probably my favorite card right now - But has anyone noticed that it takes a long time to process payments?

I made a payment 8/30 and it left my bank acc pretty soon (2-3 days i'd guess) afterwards, the money shows as a payment in my Simplicity account - but as of 9/7, is still not being reflected when i see my "available credit"

Yesterday morning, I PIF my balance ($1700 ish) - This money has not left my bank account yet

I paid my Amex yesterday afternoon - the money has been taken from my bank already and is also showing as available in my "available credit"

I did ask an online CDR about this and they apologised - saying it takes longer because they need to wait for bank verification, surely the money leaving my account and showing as paid in my Citi account should be verification enough?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cclee
Regular Contributor

Re: City Simplicity - Long time to process payments?

I'm assuming you pay online?  I pay mine online, it reflects the payment the next morning, even showing it as available credit, and then pulls it from my bank account the next night.  

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Is this a new account? Sometimes it takes awhile for new account payments to process faster after that the flow pretty quickly

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

yes, it is a new account MJ - I have made my first 2 payments within the last 8 or 9 days - acct is about 3 weeks old

Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

yes, it is a new account MJ - I have made my first 2 payments within the last 8 or 9 days - acct is about 3 weeks old

They will process and post a lot faster by next month and you shouldn't have a problem after that

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.