Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean AMEX house?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clean AMEX house?

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

If you're flying Delta 2-3 times a year, I'd reconsider keeping that one open unless you always fly alone. The free bag for you and your entire entourage alone should cover the entire AF, and the companion certificate could be worth a considerable amount depending on where you're flying.  If you do always fly alone, it may be worth considering a downgrade to the lower AF Gold SkyMiles to keep the free bags and onboard discount perks.

Yes, the Delta card is hardly useful for swipes. I kept mine open because it costs $195 a year + (up to) $74 for a companion coach ticket... A pretty good deal if you ask me... And then of course you have the free checked bags in addition to it. 

Earning 1 mile per dollar on all non-Delta purchases? Not so great. You can combine any Delta card with the Blue Delta to get 2x on dining, but that's not really worth the extra account IMO. 

Message 11 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Clean AMEX house?

@egaithewrote:

I have the Platinum Delta.  Delta is not my preference, so I fly maybe 2-3 times a year with them. I really like United, but Chase won't let me in. Love the Hilton, my preference; trying to see what SPG is about.

@wasCB14wrote:

Assuming:

-You got the Delta Gold card

-You haven't converted it to a different Delta card

-You don't have status with Delta

How much has the Delta card saved you over two years in checked bag fees?

How do you like the point earning rates and point value of Hilton vs. SPG?

2-3 round trips or one-way flights? Alone or with others? Checking bags or just carrying on? Domestic or international?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.