Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Clean Clean (Happy Dance)

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Clean Clean Clean (Happy Dance)

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone! It's been a min since i last posted on the forum, i got frustrated with the credit repair process and abandon my repair journey and let time do it's thing. Well i'm happy to report that ALL 3 of my CR are CLEAN Smiley Happy I can't believe it, i wanna cry.

So now that all reports are clean i pulled my scores and they are: Transunion 670 Equifax 688 Experian 703

........................Good Work! How about a happy dance.......................

happy dance hump day funny dancing soccer

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

Check all the Pre-quals and report back.  You may consider finding the Penfed thread as anyone can join. They will give you offers with real dollar amounts that you can accept or not.  And they give some nice limits and low APR's

Prequals!!! Amex, Chase, Cap1, Citi, Boa

Spend some time making a list and choosing the right card(s) for you.  Maybe no store cards this round? Come back and run it by these Pro App'ers before pulling the trigger(s).

Congrats on the clean files.  pretty sweet.

Discover has a prequal as well...  Go for It! 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read on here about a member who used a fake name on Discover's pre-qual and got an offer....I've learned that it's pretty useless.

Message 13 of 17
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

First of all congrats, I have such a long way to being clean, that I don't want to even think about it! Lol! But yeah, find you a couple cards you like, Discover or capital one cards are a great starter choice, and enjoy your success, you've made it to the promised land!!!! 😊😊😊

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

Check all the Pre-quals and report back.  You may consider finding the Penfed thread as anyone can join. They will give you offers with real dollar amounts that you can accept or not.  And they give some nice limits and low APR's

Prequals!!! Amex, Chase, Cap1, Citi, Boa

Spend some time making a list and choosing the right card(s) for you.  Maybe no store cards this round? Come back and run it by these Pro App'ers before pulling the trigger(s).

Congrats on the clean files.  pretty sweet.

+1

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone! It's been a min since i last posted on the forum, i got frustrated with the credit repair process and abandon my repair journey and let time do it's thing. Well i'm happy to report that ALL 3 of my CR are CLEAN Smiley Happy I can't believe it, i wanna cry.

So now that all reports are clean i pulled my scores and they are: Transunion 670 Equifax 688 Experian 703

Now the BAD news, i have no opening accounts reporting on any of my files, just a old Navy federal credit card that is now closed but reporting a pefect credit history.

I need advice on how to careful move forward, i dont wanna appy for low limit card and i dont wanna alot of inquiry. I 0 inquiries on ALL CR which make me smile. So any advice would be helpful.

Do you guys think i can get approved for any prime card with no opeing accounts reporting? 

IMHO, I think the first thing you need to do is figure out which cards support your spend and lifestyle. I cannot stress this enough. Do not apply for cards that don't fit your spend and lifstyle. Make a list of the cards you want. Then research the cards to make sure you meet the requirements (credit profile, FICO scores, etc.). From there I would put them in order based on criteria that is important to you. When making your list, make sure to note if there are any specific rules governing a specific bank and/or card(s). For example, Chase's 5/24 rule (I know there are exceptions.) and BoA & Barclay's no or low inqs on EXP and TU for 6 months before applying. You get my point.

More than likely, you will end up with two lists: (1) cards you can get now and (2) cards for future apps once your credit profile supports them. Now, is time to check for prequals. I strongly discourage doing app sprees. I know a lot of people do them and have had success but it's not for every credit profile. You have waited for your credit reports to be totally clean so don't mess them up now with too many inqs. Personally, I think you earn better starting limits and lower APRs if you space out applications. 

Whatever you decide I wish you luck. See you around the forum!Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

........................Good Work! How about a happy dance.......................

happy dance hump day funny dancing soccer

Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.