Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean eq but high inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clean eq but high inquiries

My equifax has no missed or late payments and no collections. My score is 683. Do I have a chance to be approve for a credit card with 37 inquiries.

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year to you all.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Clean eq but high inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:
My equifax has no missed or late payments and no collections. My score is 683. Do I have a chance to be approve for a credit card with 37 inquiries.

Of the 37, how many of them are from the last 12 months, and how many new accounts do you have within the last 12 months? Just to give you an idea i got a $5K walmart MC with almost 40 inq and a high uti.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 2 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Inqs don't hold much weight with approvals from what I've experienced and seen in the forum's. What cards are you considering? The underwriting varies from lender to lender. Some don't pull EQ. Google the credit pull data base and research who pulls what credit bureau.

Message 3 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Like the others have mentioned I don't think the inquiries will be a 'showstopper' necessarily, but since you mention no 'baddies' that many new HPs usually means a large number of new accounts, which some lenders might question.

It really depends on who you're interested in applying with... some are more new-account sensitive than others.  For example, Citi (who is known to double pull EX and EQ for some) are said to be sensitive to HPs and new accounts in some cases, and of course Chase is infamous for 5/24.  Capital One does a HP on all three bureaus and lately has declined some folks for inquiries, although it's hard to know which bureau that decline reason is based on.

I'm sorry my post seems so vague, but without knowing what you're interested in it's hard to be more specific.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB, you are awesome. Nice to be blunt and truthful. I recently receive amex bce and hilton.
Got turn down by Chase. I'm not here to just to get cards but to help with medical expense while keeping my uti under 8%. Other goal is to replace synchony just in case they take it away with ttl 34k. My interest in citi. Any chances there.
Message 5 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
UncleB, you are awesome. Nice to be blunt and truthful. I recently receive amex bce and hilton.
Got turn down by Chase. I'm not here to just to get cards but to help with medical expense while keeping my uti under 8%. Other goal is to replace synchony just in case they take it away with ttl 34k. My interest in citi. Any chances there.

Citi is the last one I'd consider if you need utilization padding. SLs start lower than most of the larger lenders. They're new account sensitive. You may have a shot if not too many accounts the last six months. SL will most likely be under $4k. I'd say $2k to $3k.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gmood1, thank you!!! Anyone have any ideas?
Message 7 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

If not a member of Penfed. Join and check-out what they offer. Depending on your DTI. Penfed can be very generous. My EQ was lower than yours and they gave me a $14k SL...Less than a month later on the same pull another $14k.

Message 8 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

If not a member of Penfed. Join and check-out what they offer. Depending on your DTI. Penfed can be very generous. My EQ was lower than yours and they gave me a $14k SL...Less than a month later on the same pull another $14k.

+1

PenFed is an excellent suggestion; you might also consider NFCU.  NFCU's credit card rates are sometimes a little higher than PenFed, but they can be very generous if you're OK with them pulling TU (even if your TU isn't spotless they can still be generous... I had an old baddie still on my reports when I got my card with them November 2015 - they gave me both my highest limit at that time and lowest APR).

I know your initial post indicated you were looking for issuers who exclusively pulled EQ, but I can't think of any that would suit your purposes other than the ones already mentioned.  Hopefully some others on here will have more suggestions.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many of them are credit card enquiries vs auto loan or mortgage enquiries.

Banks usually group multiple mortgage enq. into a single one

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.