cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaned up report and need recommendations :)

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Cleaned up report and need recommendations :)

@brother7 wrote:

webhopper wrote

Use your PayPal Extras MasterCard

to get 2x points for all your PayPal and eBay purchases.

3x points/ $1 spent on Gas & Restaurants

2x points/ $1 spent on PayPal & eBay

1x points/ $1 spent on all other MasterCard purchases

Thank you webhopper for making me aware of this card. I've been using either Costco Trueearnings or Chase Amazon which are only 2% cash back at restaurants. Since I dine at restaurants a LOT, you may have just given me a reason to step out of the garden. Smiley Embarassed

STOP Right away. PayPal points are subjected to frequent fluctuation. Its points typically worth 0.5 cent to 0.8 cent. Sometimes PayPal have 1:1 redemption on gift card during holiday (which just expired couple weeks ago btw), but most of the time it is less than 1 cent.

Your Chase Amazon is FAR better than PayPal MC.

Message 11 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

i really wish they would actually SPIT out how much things are worth...... that's why I like Chase 1 point always = 1 penny no matter what, even Amex is being wierd with the members mall =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 21
Imua
Frequent Contributor

if it's consistent points for groceries and gas, i would suggest the BofA Americard CashRewards

1% on purchases with the card

2% on groceries

3% on gas

no fluctuating categories

and if they still have the purchase $500 within 90 days and get $100 bonus offer, that's an extra enticement

i just got the 1-2-3- card at the end of September, purchased $500 within the first month, and already (as of yesterday) have my $100 bonus

(deposited into my bank acct).

good luck in choosing a card that's right for you Smiley Happy

PS - the only time i will use another card for gas is when chase freedom again offers their 5% for gas category

Message 13 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Imua wrote:

if it's consistent points for groceries and gas, i would suggest the BofA Americard CashRewards

1% on purchases with the card

2% on groceries

3% on gas

no fluctuating categories

and if they still have the purchase $500 within 90 days and get $100 bonus offer, that's an extra enticement

i just got the 1-2-3- card at the end of September, purchased $500 within the first month, and already (as of yesterday) have my $100 bonus

(deposited into my bank acct).

PS - the only time i will use another card for gas is when chase freedom again offers their 5% for gas category

No thanks I have BOA and the 1-2-3 card is subpar to my BCP Smiley Happy and even BCE I also got $150 for spending $1,000 Smiley Happy

I also have a CostCo Amex now at 4% gas off any gas station including CostCo , and Freedom, Sapphire etc lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@distantarray wrote:

@Imua wrote:

No thanks I have BOA and the 1-2-3 card is subpar to my BCP Smiley Happy and even BCE I also got $150 for spending $1,000 Smiley Happy

I also have a CostCo Amex now at 4% gas off any gas station including CostCo , and Freedom, Sapphire etc lol

Hey guys... my suggestions were based on the OPs scores. I'm not sure she should app for BCE with no prior amex relationship... Definately I tried to give some options that.required good but not excellent credit. Thanks for the info about those paypal points... I didn't know what point value was on the exchange of points for cash.equivalent. I love my amazon visa.... I still think its an excelled card to carry. I don't know much about citi cards so I cant really speak to the forward or other cards.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 21
KausticRage
New Contributor

OP is a he Smiley Wink

The plan is to go to Walmart and app in store.  If I am approved I will try for the PRG then Chase Amazon if the Amex is approved.

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 16 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!
FICO 9:

Message 17 of 21
KausticRage
New Contributor

Woohoo so far im batting 1 for 1. Just apped in store at Walmart and got approved for $1600 after i had to call in verify some info although i forgot to ask if it was a Discover Smiley Very Happy. On to the next one when i get home.
April 2013 FICO Scores

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 18 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Whoo hoo! That's great! Good luck on the next one!!
FICO 9:

Message 19 of 21
KausticRage
New Contributor

Not a bad app day Smiley Happy  Got instant denial on the Amex due to the SL not showing positive yet.  I tried the recon line and todl them they are current and I have documentation to prove it.  They will reconsider once I fax over the docs that show im current.  The Amazon card was approved for $1000 and the DW was bugging for a VS card and I was approved for $750.

April 2013 FICO Scores

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.