cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning House, Closed 2 more Comenity Accounts!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleaning House, Closed 2 more Comenity Accounts!

Started closing some of my store accounts last month and today I closed..

JJill            800.00. I like the store but Ebates covers this tenfold

Motorola. 2800.00. Bought a nice charger for my Apple products...but used the card only once.  A nice builder card.

I will be closing my Synchrony Walmart 10k CL once my Hilton card reports.  Need more increase availability for Ebates, SAMs Club and PayPal Extras.  What a difference a year makes, I would have never though about closing any accounts.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cleaning House, Closed 2 more Comenity Accounts!

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I'm gardening and will start to close a couple of my Comenity cards when I am done gardening. The first to go will probably be Haband, followed by Linen Source.....I figure I can use my Blair or Norm Thompson cards at those stores if I want something. Kind of pointless to keep all these cards that can all be used at the same places.

Message 3 of 5
Ford725
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Started closing some of my store accounts last month and today I closed..

JJill            800.00. I like the store but Ebates covers this tenfold

Motorola. 2800.00. Bought a nice charger for my Apple products...but used the card only once.  A nice builder card.

I will be closing my Synchrony Walmart 10k CL once my Hilton card reports.  Need more increase availability for Ebates, SAMs Club and PayPal Extras.  What a difference a year makes, I would have never though about closing any accounts.

I'm right behind you Roseyk. How old are the accounts your closing? 

Current Scores: FICO08 670 EQ, FICO08 703 TU, FICO08 661 EX
Goal Score: 700's all 3 (07/2016)
Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 4 of 5
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I'm in the same line as you folks... Probably going to close my Fashion Bug card (that was my first card post BK!) because the store doesn't exist anymore, and  neither I nor my fiance shop at the other two store it is accepted at.  Express is going to go bye bye, too.  I got both about 4 years ago.

JCrew I'll keep for a while... I occasionally shop there, and the CLI's are pretty good.  Got that one up to $4,000 now.

Overstock will be gone at 12 months...  Its good for utilization, but I can't bring myself to actually buy anything from there because its so over priced.  I remember when Overstock used to actually be a deal!

HSN is growing consistently, and with their occasional free shipping on clearance items, I can find a small purchase to make to keep the card active.

The fiance likes Wayfair... she's one of those "there's got to be something on every wall and on each side of the window!" type people.  lol

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.