cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Best Buy MC for Amazon Store Card?

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Close Best Buy MC for Amazon Store Card?

I'm thinking about closing my Best Buy Rewards Zone MasterCard, I've had it since 07/2010 for a Amazon store Card. I'm not a fan of Crap1 and was disappointed when they took over the accounts from HSBC. I have A CSP MC so I will still have a MC on hand. I noticed that the Amazon financing is just as good or better than the Best Buy card's. Although I was able to get the annual fee waived this year, I have a feeling that will not happen again now that Crap1 has taken over. And lastly, CLI's are a hassle to get and I here GE gives CLI every 4 months. Please share your thoughts.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Close Best Buy MC for Amazon Store Card?

best rewards are nice especially if shopping at bestbuy but its hard to push enough money through the low limit cards, I like there resturant reward program, but in the end I dropped my BestBuy card, CapOne just doesn't seem to care about the HSBC cards or retaining there users. No attempt to make me an offer when I was closing the card. Drop them unless you like making multiple payments a month for rewards. 0 interest deals are just too common these days and amazon probably have much better prices anyway. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 3
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Re: Close Best Buy MC for Amazon Store Card?

Thanks! My limit is decent....$2.5k but I just do not trust/like Crap1. Since my AF was waived last week, I'll wait to close.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.